• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Rays Pager Phase 2 preorder info

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, just in time for the local sheriffs office P2 system that will be rolling out in a few months.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I was going to hold off on ordering till the phase 2 update was out but being able to pre order at the regular price is a great deal. Count me in!!!
On a side note I would think this means the update must be close to being released!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
And a lot of us paid more than that without the upgrade installed. And then get charged for an upgrade on top of that. #notwinning

r15firerescue

Premium Subscriber
G5/G4 promotion

All dealers can offer that special. If anyone has questions about it I can help you out also.

Attachments

• IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 717

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
That Does It

OK, I think it's finally time for me to finally buy a G5. It's just not possible for me to think there will be a better time to buy, given the deal being offered. Thanks for providing the notice about the pre-order.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
OK, I think it's finally time for me to finally buy a G5. It's just not possible for me to think there will be a better time to buy, given the deal being offered. Thanks for providing the notice about the pre-order.
Yeah I can't agree anymore I've been holding off for a couple of years now and finally it seems that maybe it's actually coming true.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

elrod

I wouldn't - this is the third "bonus offer" I've seen on new Unication pagers in the last 6 months - first I think it was free extra warranty, then the free charger, and now the free Phase 2...

I agree with Troy. I had my G5 for 1 week and purchased the extended warranty and amp/charger when they started offering the free extended warranty. Sent email to Rays and was told sorry it is a Unication promo not a dealer promo and to contact them. Sent numerous emails to Unication USA, Sales, and David. Never heard anything from anyone.
No sorry, K-M-A, S-O-L. Ray was the only one to reply. Don't get me wrong, I love this unit, But, I think they need to do something for us early owners.

Rant over

Chuck

crazyboy

I agree with Troy. I had my G5 for 1 week and purchased the extended warranty and amp/charger when they started offering the free extended warranty. Sent email to Rays and was told sorry it is a Unication promo not a dealer promo and to contact them. Sent numerous emails to Unication USA, Sales, and David. Never heard anything from anyone.

No sorry, K-M-A, S-O-L. Ray was the only one to reply. Don't get me wrong, I love this unit, But, I think they need to do something for us early owners.

Rant over

Chuck

Yes, attempting to contact anyone in Unication Customer Service is a lost cause. Number 1 reason I will never own one or sell one!

mdsxfire

EDBM
well, seeing the phase 2 pre order was enough to push me over the edge, i just finished my check out. heres hoping that since the dealers are pre ordering the phase 2 that it will be out very soon now.
Time will tell!!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
That’s my point as well as others. When we all bought we paid top dollar. And I bought through Ray. Months later they are $250 less.

Status
Not open for further replies.