• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RCA BR950 and RCA BRM1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4ELO

I am curious as to were your business is as i can not find a listing for it anywhere. not even a business license listing.

Second, what fire dpt are you on?

squirrel911

Estill Springs/Decherd/Winchester/Franklin County
I am curious as to were your business is as i can not find a listing for it anywhere. not even a business license listing.

Second, what fire dpt are you on?

My business right now is mainly online. I meet people and talk to them but havent been able to open up a shop. I started it in Louisiana.

And as for FD, I am a new member of New Union. I been on there for about 2 or 3 months. Not long but have been a firefighter for 14 yrs. how about you??

KK4ELO

North Coffee for 4 years, three rivers for 11 years, worked for Team One communications for 3 years. funny, youve been a ff for 14 years. that would make you ......what,,, 12 when you started?????

squirrel911

Estill Springs/Decherd/Winchester/Franklin County
North Coffee for 4 years, three rivers for 11 years, worked for Team One communications for 3 years. funny, youve been a ff for 14 years. that would make you ......what,,, 12 when you started?????

I know a Mr Justin with North Coffee County. I also know Terry Smith.

And you right I started at 12. I am from a very rual parish in Louisiana. I started as a Jr Firefighter at 9. I began fighting small fires at 12 like brush and small stove fires. At 16 I was able to go inside a house fire with other personal. I was raised around the fire service. My father has been in it for 30+ years which included full time firefighter and Fire Instructor.

I been working with Lights, Sirens, and Radios for a good little bit. My father has even helped me out. I was able to do the work on some of his company vehicles. It just take more money than I have right now to open up a shop.

gasdnc

Squirrel, did you ever find out any useful information about the BR950? Like a candle, and I'm the moth, I can't help but be drawn to this radio... BUT, the only information I can get out of Discount Two-Way is that THEY do all the programming. I'm sort of a control freak, I like being able to program my own radios. I've searched the internet far and wide trying to find out what software programs these jewels.

Seeing as rib-less programming cables are very readily available, and also seeing as the same cables program HT750's, 1250's, and a slew of the GP series, I'm almost leaning toward maybe a Circle M software solution being effective on the BR950. I dunno. Maybe somebody out there can answer that question, as I'm not going to pay a dollar a channel for DTW to program this thing for me (if I finally break down and get one LOL).

gasdnc

Thanks, MTS2000des, I appreciate the info. Actually the HYT TC-780 was my second choice. It looks like that one might be a pretty close match anyway. Eh, who knew. Thanks again.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
The TC-780, and the little brother to it, the TC-580, are very capable portables, on par with the Kenwood TK-2180/3180 and TK-2170/3170 respectively.

I think the RCA's were OEM'd for SOMEONE by HYT America. I've tried contacting "RCA Communications" by the webform on rcacommunicationssystems.com about setting up a dealership, obtaining service software and manuals, and got no response. No phone number or address listed, didn't bother doing a WHO IS lookup- if you're in business and don't provide contact information that actually WORKS, you must not be too busy to take peoples' money.

Hytera, at least, actually exists. :D

gasdnc

I love the FPP capabilities of the TC-580 (as I like to "get inside and play" as it were). But I need a radio with MDC1200 (or in the HYT case, HDC1200). That would be my choice between the two if I didn't need that signaling option. So I suppose I'm relegated to the 780, sans FPP. Le Sigh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.