RCS South site reband programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The south site will be rebanded in another week, so here is your fixit post to keep your scanners receiving.

First off, the generic RR WiKi on rebanding, which has some tables to use.

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

For more specific reprogramming instructions, see below. After entering the new rebanded programming, your scanner should continue to operate normally now, and then continue to receive when they flip the switch the week of Mach 12th.

Uniden 396/996 using FreeScan software.

Go to your RCS south system Site Setup, and change it from Mot 800MHz Splinter (Type II) to Mot Custom/Reband Type II, and enter the following data into the table below it.

Lower Freq 851.0250 Upper Freq 854.0000 Step 25.0 Offset 440
Lower Freq 851.0125 Upper Freq 868.9875 Step 25.0 Offset 0

Now go to the Trunk Frequencies tab and enter the following control, channels

For Whistler WS1080/1088/1095/1098/TRX using EZ Scan software.

Select/highlight your south system, then Site Details and select the south site. For Site Frequencies, enter the control channels listed above. Then go to the Site Options tab, and change Type from Splinter to Custom, then click EDIT. Enter the following data into the table.

Table 00 Ch-Lo 440 Ch-Hi 559 Offset 440 Base Freq 851.025000 Step 25.000
Table 01 Ch-Lo 000 Ch-Hi 719 Offset 000 Base Freq 851.012500 Step 25.000

*You can press Set Reband, which ads additional tables, but I do not know how this would cause issues.

For older GRE/RS PRO-106/197/652/Whistler WS1040/1065 and similar, using Win500 software.

Under TSYS Objects, highlight your RSC or RCS South system. To the right change Trunking Tables drop down menu from Splinter to Custom, then click the Trunking Tables button. Enter the data above for the newer Whistlers, or simply change the "Standard" band plans drop down selector to 800 MHz "Rebanded". For Site Frequencies button, enter the control channels listed above.

I have a Uniden 996XT, Whistler WS1098, Whistler TRX-2, and RS PRO-197, all scanning normally on the south RCS, using the above provided data...no missed calls and no problems tracking the currently not yet rebanded system. Do not use the custom tables for the North or SD City systems, as they will not trunk properly. The East site should be able to use the same programming, save for a different set of control channels.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The RR database has been updated to show both sets of channels for both the South and East cells. For the east, use the identified control channels and subtract 15 MHz (868.925 = 853.925, etc.), except for 868.550, which does not have a rebanding control channel equivalent.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Don, should users program in all new south and east site frequencies for rebanding, or will the current set of four control channels simply switch to their rebanded equivalents?

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Paul,

If the scanner will use just the current CCs, then add the RB CCs (only 3 in the East cell).

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: Channel shifts will take place Wednesday - Thursday - Fridays during both weeks.

Don

carlt

If one is going to add the new rebanded channels as a separate site, is the custom plan required for the new channels as the different type site? Or is the custom plan required only if one is going to combine all channels as a single site?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
No need to have a separate site for rebanding. When the control channels change, it should just keep receiving like this (bandplan listed above)...crossing fingers.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
South just rebanded. My site that I set up as a standard site seems to be following the trunking just fine.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My 996's and Whistlers seem to be operating normally using the original post custom bandplan settings. :)

Paul

nhse

Premium Subscriber
Control channel frequencies

The current north and east zones on the radio reference still have the control channel in red, alternate in blue. First, will the north and east stay or switch like the south zone.
Second, on radio reference, south zone has most of its frequencies in light blue, two in silver. Are these the control channel?
What I am looking for is what frequency to use as the control channel for the south zone. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

P71JEFF

And I have another ??? How do you go about sitting up a Uniden BCD325P2 you only make ref to 396/996.Thanks

nhse

Premium Subscriber
So I did the 15 MHz offset and it works on the south zone but seems like the transmitter power may be down since the signal seems noisy, not as clear as before. So are they doing the same on the east and north zone? Will radio reference update the control channel of south zone or was I lucky or did I do it wrong?

ladymaniu00

Metro 6b dispatch

For some reason it seems after the rebanding, I am no longer receiving Metro Fire Dispatch 6B , tgid 20752. I have tried on several different scanners, and the channel will receive, but am only getting short 3 to 4 second open mic type noise audio transmissions. I have no problems with any of the other fire tgids on the system after the rebanding, only this particular channel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
At this point, the South Cell is still in transition. 10 channels have been retuned, with 10 to go. The remaining 10 channels will be retuned next week after the East Cell. It appears that the database was prematurely updated to delete the pre-rebanding frequencies (and with it the control channel designations).

Control channels:

868.1375 (will change to 853.1375)
867.9125 (will change to 852.9125)

The North cell will be retuned later this year.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
lady, what you are describing sounds like what you get when you have the wrong bandplan for a trunked system...the scanner will be sent to the wrong frequency, and will cycle back and forth to the control channel but you will hear no audio. If you use the first post custom bandplan on the NORTH site or SD City 800 systems, you will be able to demonstrate and observe the no audio phenomenon.

More likely though, it may be the fact that there is a dispatcher at SDFD Metro Communications Center (M.C.C.) that likes to operate without their microphone jacked in properly, which results in several hours of silent dispatches on 7B and 6B...it is rather annoying, and way too common an occurrence.

P71, you should be able to use Freescan software on your 996P2, and alternately you can use the front panel menu system to set the items listed in the first post into the scanner South site programming.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I programmed the south zone in my BCD436 and 536HP's plus my BCD325P2 as standard under the Site Type Mot 800MHz Standard (type II) and it seems to be working just fine. An observation, I live in Poway and was never been able to get the south zone because of a cell site near my house before rebanding, but now I am able to receive it. Maybe the frequencies being just a bit further away from the cell band is helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.