RCS South site reband programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Rescue_pooh, Give it a couple of days before you give up. We're chasing some gremlins in the system firmware (upgrading 25+year old computers is such a joy). I'll update the thread when the cell is completely retuned.

nhse

Premium Subscriber
Let me update my own question. The new control channels are now posted on the radio reference frequency page in red and blue for the south zone. The east zone from the coast indicates they are on the old frequencies. Not sure when they will switch to the new rebanded frequencies as well as when they will switch the north zone. Does anyone have a firm date for the switches?

P71JEFF

Well for some reason I can't get freescan to work on my BCD325P2 using windows 10, So I thought I would try programming as standard system by hand and it seems to be working ok, So here's the ? does it have to be programmed a custom system or not because as I said it's working as a standard 800/900 system on my BCD325P2.Thanks folks for the info

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Let me update my own question. The new control channels are now posted on the radio reference frequency page in red and blue for the south zone. The east zone from the coast indicates they are on the old frequencies. Not sure when they will switch to the new rebanded frequencies as well as when they will switch the north zone. Does anyone have a firm date for the switches?

Scheduled for Tuesday 3/20 and Wednesday 3/21.

carlt

I have reprogrammed all of my radios (325P2, 996P2, 996XT) using the information in the first post, and they ALL seem to be working fine.

nhse

Premium Subscriber
North East RCS zone

I see there is a northeast zone with several frequencies, anyone know what this covers and if it’s active?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I see there is a northeast zone with several frequencies, anyone know what this covers and if it’s active?

The NorthEast Simulcast cell covers the mountains & valleys along the 79 corridor north of Santa Ysabel to the County Line (Warner Springs, Los Coyotes, Chihuahua Valley) and the Palomar Mountain area. For discussion purposes, it is considered to be part of the "East" coverage area.

P71JEFF

Well for some reason I can't get freescan to work on my BCD325P2 using windows 10, So I thought I would try programming as standard system by hand and it seems to be working ok, So here's the ? does it have to be programmed a custom system or not because as I said it's working as a standard 800/900 system on my BCD325P2.Thanks folks for the info

anybody have input on this. Thanks again folks and sorry to be a pest about this

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I changed my custom bandplan to standard 800 on my 996XT test scanner, both types seem to work without issue. I was assuming that the custom bandplan would allow the bandplan to operate on the prerebanded splinter plan as well as the full on rebanded system, which it did. Now that there is no longer splinter trunking going on, you should be fine just using standard bandplan. It may also be possible that the custom bandplan figures are actually what the standard bandplan contains.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I was able to use Standard for the NE and S rebanded Simulcast systems, but when I configured for the East Simulcast I had to include the rebanding information provided by Anderegg.

scandiego619

Uniden BCD436HP, RCS South

Hey everyone, I'm in a deep pickle. As I heard on this and other forums, RCS South is finished rebanding. I have a Uniden BCD436HP. I have updated the firmware and Sentinel with the latest versions but still do not pick up RCS South. (National City, Chula Vista, SD Sheriff (Lemon Grove/Spring Valley). It was to my understanding that all I needed was to update firmware and Sentinel. I'm not to tech savvy and any help getting me back up running would be appreciated.

boltman34

Hello all

I have a Uniden 396T with updated firmware and have tried the steps to reband the RCS South on my scanner so I can hear CVPD...sheriff etc. I have put in the info provided using freescan but still not working. When I scan I can see it saying finding control channel...what could I be doing wrong? I uploaded what I have inputed hopefully that helps. Thanks
f6a3dc170176cb6810fbf5b79cff7e14.jpg
292c59b616c658843412329f4159b3a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Looks correct to me, our 996T's accepted and work with that programming. You can delete the 866-868 control channels, the current working control channel is 853.4125...maybe set it to Motorola 800 Standard Type II with only 853.4125 as control channel, that seems to work now that rebanding has completed.

Paul

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.24.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.24.21 PM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.24.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.24.29 PM.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 204

boltman34

I switched to the standard 800 II and its working now. Thanks for responding. Glad to have my channels back. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone, I'm in a deep pickle. As I heard on this and other forums, RCS South is finished rebanding. I have a Uniden BCD436HP. I have updated the firmware and Sentinel with the latest versions but still do not pick up RCS South. (National City, Chula Vista, SD Sheriff (Lemon Grove/Spring Valley). It was to my understanding that all I needed was to update firmware and Sentinel. I'm not to tech savvy and any help getting me back up running would be appreciated.

If the SOUTH RCS system is in a favorites, access that in the menu, and change the bandplan from 800 splinter to standard 800 Type II. Change the control channels from the 866-868 ones, to the new 853ish ones in the first post. That should do the trick.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.