RCS South site reband programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

I hear the RCS south rebanded fine but now and then when someone transmits the talkgroup is silent with no audio and the talkgroup ID just shows up and I get that on 864.5875 frequency I don't know if it is bleedover or what can anyone help?

Ahheck

I have updated the channels but still do not here anything in my area from the Rancho SD sheriff or IB sheriff. Any ideas to try. I have a Uniden BC296D

Ahheck

Yes, I believe it is on Motorola. But I don’t think the firmware has been updated. I will contact SDBUD and see if he can update the firmware. He has the cable that works with my radio and programming.
Thank you

Ahheck

My radio firmware version is 3.21. Do you know if that is the updated version?

rescue_pooh

Will the above custom band plan work for the RCS East as well? Or is there something different? I have a BC346XTC

Ahheck

Does anyone pick up the transmissions from the Lemon Grove, Spring valley, Ib or Rancho Sd Sheriff’s?
I here Santee, El Cajon and La Mesa only.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The EAST is programmed identically to the SOUTh site, just different control channels.

If you can hear one talkgroup, you should be able to hear the others. The only reason I can think that would keep you from hearing those sheriff's talkgroups, would be if you had status bit set to on, and IB and RSF were patched from Santee.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The EAST is programmed identically to the SOUTh site, just different control channels.

Actually, no, they are not. The cells are programmed so that only the users operating in that area can access the cell.

For example, there is no reason why an Oceanside unit needs to able to operate Oceanside talk groups in Imperial Beach. A National City unit does not need to be able to operate on National City's talk groups in Borrego Springs. etc. This applies to Sheriff's dispatch and Tac groups also (Poway Dispatch is in the North Cell, and Rural is allowed in the East and Northeast).

If you can hear one talkgroup, you should be able to hear the others. The only reason I can think that would keep you from hearing those sheriff's talkgroups, would be if you had status bit set to on, and IB and RSF were patched from Santee.

IB, RSD and Santee are all South Cell. RSD is an example of a talk group that is also allowed in the East.

Don

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Will the above custom band plan work for the RCS East as well? Or is there something different? I have a BC346XTC

I guess I forgot to include the quote...the EAST programmed as the SOUTH was meant for this question regarding the bandplan programming. :)

Don, are there any Imperial County talkgroups that ever infrequently come up on the EAST cell, or are they all locked out?

Paul

mrhandd

Remember Gentlemen Some talk groups are SYSTEM wide and others are area specific. I still don't understand why the County calls aren't true county calls and we don't have a system wide hail. And before Done has an issue with this why dose most all of the Imperial county call come out on the South simulcast?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Remember Gentlemen Some talk groups are SYSTEM wide and others are area specific. I still don't understand why the County calls aren't true county calls and we don't have a system wide hail. And before Done has an issue with this why dose most all of the Imperial county call come out on the South simulcast?

I guess I don't know what you mean by "the County calls aren't true county calls". SD County Call (and the tacs) cover San Diego County sites, and County Call is (supposed to be) monitored by each comm center in the County. Imperial County Call and tacs do the same in Imperial County. The IC County Call and Tacs are allowed in the East and South so that EMS and LE transfers between IC and San Diego can contact ICSO or El Centro 2 when out of county.

The County Calls serve the function of a system hail TG. An IC unit in San Diego County can come up on SDMARS (which will be renamed "RCS Access" when it is rebanded to contact Station M or another comm center.

SDBud

County Call and the Tacs ARE all county-wide, all zones, AS is Blue. If Escondido starts a chase, and passes Hightway 56, they are supposed to move from North Law to Blue. Same going the other way for South units.

Status
Not open for further replies.