Re-banding Fauquier

Status
Not open for further replies.

htdnet

Anyone know the new frequencies for Fauquier? Seems there was a re-banding recently (I think today) and Culpeper was a week or two ago.

htdnet

Thanks, someone else also mentioned that. RR DB has already been updated since this morning. Feed is back and operational.

gcgrotz

OK, I'm gonna ask a stupid question: doesn't the scanner (Uniden 396 original version) just use the info in the control channel to tune? So I shouldn't have to add/change a bunch of freqs when they re-band as long as the control channel(s) stays the same. Right? or am I missing something...

jim202

OK, I'm gonna ask a stupid question: doesn't the scanner (Uniden 396 original version) just use the info in the control channel to tune? So I shouldn't have to add/change a bunch of freqs when they re-band as long as the control channel(s) stays the same. Right? or am I missing something...

As one of the past presidents said, "Read my lips", all channels moved down 15 MHz when rebanding takes place. This means not only do the voice channels move, the control channels do also.

Think you can figure it out from there?

smwincva

Premium Subscriber
Fauquier rebanded Tuesday. Current CC is 853.55, was 853.7125 Wednesday night. I found out I need to have my Uniden 796D and my 996D reflashed to correctly recieve the rebanded system. I have not yet tried it on program on my Pro 106.

It sould be noted that the system is still available on my 796, in a conventional format. I lock out the CC, and turn off the "trunk on" in the menu. There are no talk group IDs though, and no way to listen to a specific group(s).

Steve

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
As one of the past presidents said, "Read my lips", all channels moved down 15 MHz when rebanding takes place. This means not only do the voice channels move, the control channels do also.

What's with the need for sarcasm?

Fauquier re-banding

Just FYI, radio shack of warrenton will reprogram pro-96/2096/106/197 for $10.

Culpeper, Fauquier, and Rappahannock have been rebanded. I heard a rumor that Prince William will be rebanded in the next few weeks.

jim202

What's with the need for sarcasm?

Call it what you want, but the way I see it, rebanding has been going on for some 3 years now. It has been discussed for at least that long all over the web including on here many times. Yet there are still those out there in the never never land that haven't got a clue why their scanners suddenly went silent. Then they post a message asking what happened. Been in this radio field way too long to have to put up with such slow readers.

It would seem that no matter how polite or blunt you are, someone will always complain.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Did below comment answer the question asked above regarding the 396 scanner? If so, I can't find it.

Call it what you want, but the way I see it, rebanding has been going on for some 3 years now. It has been discussed for at least that long all over the web including on here many times. Yet there are still those out there in the never never land that haven't got a clue why their scanners suddenly went silent. Then they post a message asking what happened. Been in this radio field way too long to have to put up with such slow readers.

It would seem that no matter how polite or blunt you are, someone will always complain.
You've only been Blunt thus far in this thread which is sarcasm IMHO.

gcgrotz

Thanks Frank, and no, my question has not been answered. Since I moved a couple weeks ago, everything is in dis-array and I haven't found a few quiet minutes to sit down with the software and data files and re-do everything in the scanner. At that point I will have figured it out. The cc for Charlottesville was switched to an alternate for a while but is back on its usual spot. Not all frequencies change when re-banding occurs.

Boy, you miss a few weeks and look what happens! I'll try to keep up next time.

Last edited:

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
Ok today I changed the frequencies in both my 396XT and PSR500. Both are receiving the control channel, and showing me the system ID, neither radio is picking up any traffic, even when it stops on a talkgroup, no audio. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Highpockets

Ok today I changed the frequencies in both my 396XT and PSR500. Both are receiving the control channel, and showing me the system ID, neither radio is picking up any traffic, even when it stops on a talkgroup, no audio. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

I believe you'll have to enter the rebanded trunking tables after you enter the new frequencies in both radios.

dtscho

Database Admin
Here are the trunking tables you'll need (for the BCD396XT):

Lower Freq: 851.0250
Upper Freq: 854.0000
Step: 25.0
Offset: 440

Lower Freq: 851.0125
Upper Freq: 868.9875
Step: 25.0
Offset: 0

Dave

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
Ok the 396XT is working great. So what's the "fix" for the PSR500 to receive it? How do I translate the custom band plan to that scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.