Re: Why No Updates to PSR-800 EZ-Scan Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Re: Why No Updates to PSR-800 EZ-Scan Software?

I'm not sure if anyone else has found numerous bugs in the current release of the GRE PSR-800 EZ-Scan program but I am surprised that no new updates have been released all summer. What gives?

It would also be nice to see some of the firmware issues corrected; nothing functional for receive purposes but mostly users interface and operational functionality such as a better backlight setup, and unlocking items automatically on power off as is the case with the PSR-500/600 series. Sometimes I lockout annoying items for the time being but to restore them I have to perform a global restore for the whole radio. I find this quite annoying in comparison to the old way.

So how about it GRE, anything new coming after 4 months with a new product?

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Yes GRE how about some better info and software updates! I had the radio 6 months and still cannot receive any trunking!!! I am on my second Radio! First one had no Receive!
Seems like I wasted alot of money on this radio!!

DonS

unlocking items automatically on power off as is the case with the PSR-500/600 series. Sometimes I lockout annoying items for the time being but to restore them I have to perform a global restore for the whole radio. I find this quite annoying in comparison to the old way

The PSR-500 has Lockout and Temporary Lockout. At power-on, all objects' Temporary Lockout flags are cleared.

The PSR-800 has Lockout and Skip. Skip is analogous to the PSR-500's Temporary Lockout feature. The only difference is that the Skip flags are not automatically cleared at power-on.

The Restore Skipped item on the PSR-800's main menu performs the same function as the PSR-500's "at power-on, automatically restore items that were temporarily locked out".

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-500 has Lockout and Temporary Lockout. At power-on, all objects' Temporary Lockout flags are cleared.

The PSR-800 has Lockout and Skip. Skip is analogous to the PSR-500's Temporary Lockout feature. The only difference is that the Skip flags are not automatically cleared at power-on.

The Restore Skipped item on the PSR-800's main menu performs the same function as the PSR-500's "at power-on, automatically restore items that were temporarily locked out".

Thank you and I realize this existed but it seems a little counter-intuitive. Why not allow users to manually lockout objects via one menu and then use the "SKIP" as the temporary lockout option. Then is someone goes into the menu they'll have the option to clear all lockouts from that screen, this way it would be a little more like previous interfaces.

This isn't all that big of a deal, but it's a quality of life thing that can be fixed easily in firmware.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Yes GRE how about some better info and software updates! I had the radio 6 months and still cannot receive any trunking!!! I am on my second Radio! First one had no Receive!
Seems like I wasted alot of money on this radio!!

If you cannot receive trunking, then I suggest you check your programming. Perhaps you have too many sites scanning such as if you were to program the entire Michigan MPSCS system into one bank. It would take forever to scan all those tower sites to seek a control channel to listen too.

Firmware and software updates aside, you've got other issues going on...

rwier

If you cannot receive trunking, then I suggest you check your programming. Perhaps you have too many sites scanning such as if you were to program the entire Michigan MPSCS system into one bank. It would take forever to scan all those tower sites to seek a control channel to listen too.

Firmware and software updates aside, you've got other issues going on...

Absolutely! I also have two 800's. Dummy me, I missed all the bugs and faults, both in the software, and in the radios operation. But, I did download, and read completely several times, the EZScan User's Manual several days before my 1st scanner 800 shipped.

Rob

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
In respect to speed, the full set of MPSCS sites is not a problem to scan. However, you will see the incorrect tower alpha tag listed if the radio hears that active control channel first, as the control channel frequencies are repeated throughout the system.

Is it possible the tower you wish to monitor is not in the database, or just out of line of site range of the radio, so it cannot lock on to the control channel or voice channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.