REACT team for Iowa City/Cedar Rapids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iakentdoz

Now that I got my new BCD996T scanner I am trying to use it in the best way I can. I have all ways loved listening to different radio broadcasts and if someone needed help, I would do what ever I can to help a person out. As I add more equipment it would be nice to put it to good use. REACT seem like a great way to do that but I checked there web site and there is no Team/Council in Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area. I think there are allot of us in Eastern Iowa who love listening to a scanner and maybe we should start a Team/Council?

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Most of the teams in Iowa that were REACT dropped a couple of years ago. The team that was in the Cedar Rapids area is now known as Hawkeye Emergency Radio Communications Team...or something like that. They are active in the Linn County area. I don't know af any REACT based team for the Iowa City area. Most of the emergency communications is done by Amateur Radio under ARES. Johnson County and Linn County have healthy sized ARES groups.
If you want more info on Hawkeye Radio Communication, pm me and I can get you a contact person.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
There's a semi-active 'REACT' group based out of Springville. PM me and I'll give you the email address for the guy that runs is. I was a member before I moved. Their group uses HAM more than anything, not CB or FRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.