Ready to load new scanner looking for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evnldr

First I will check firmware.

Here is an image of my list so far.. Not sure what Alt colors will change, I think its the display.
Now the pattern I'm unclear about. But does my list look OK or is there somethings (sites) I don't need?

Thanks in advanced Its a 996P2

Not sure if I need M82c's I have

Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• DE.jpg
    DE.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 394

maus92

Premium Subscriber
First I will check firmware.

Here is an image of my list so far.. Not sure what Alt colors will change, I think its the display.
Now the pattern I'm unclear about. But does my list look OK or is there somethings (sites) I don't need?

Thanks in advanced Its a 996P2

Not sure if I need M82c's I have

Thanks in advanced

I was just perusing the Delaware forum and came across this thread. I hope you have your scanner up and running. I'm curious if you are using it as base or mobile scanner? If you never take it "outside," then you only need to program the site closest to your listening post. The rest can be left out, or alternatively, locked out. I believe there is a per system site limit on the 996P2, although I don't think the State of Delaware Public Safety TRS exceeds that number.

Alt colors does change the display colors, but it's not always 100% reliable, meaning that sometimes the display will default to green.

Last edited:

scottjh1

Hello,

I see that both of you have the BCD 996 P2. I am considering purchasing one, currently I have a BCD 996T. The are a couple of questions I have concerning the BCD 996 P2. One does the Priority ID scan work in a preemptive manor? I want to set NCC Fire Dispatch TG3184 as a priority talk group. So the question is more when the radio is active on another talk group in the system does it interupt the current transmission and you hear the priority talk group? Secondly given there are differences in the vocoder how does it stack up against the 996T or 396T? Thank you in advance for your help!

Thanks,
Jim

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I see that both of you have the BCD 996 P2. I am considering purchasing one, currently I have a BCD 996T. The are a couple of questions I have concerning the BCD 996 P2. One does the Priority ID scan work in a preemptive manor? I want to set NCC Fire Dispatch TG3184 as a priority talk group. So the question is more when the radio is active on another talk group in the system does it interupt the current transmission and you hear the priority talk group? Secondly given there are differences in the vocoder how does it stack up against the 996T or 396T? Thank you in advance for your help!

Thanks,
Jim

I don't use priority, so I can't answer that question. I have a 396T, and the 996P2 decodes a P25P1 stream at least as well as the 396T. I bought the 996P2 because one of the major systems in my area is Phase 2, and it does a good job on that system. Overall, I'm happy with the radio, but if I buy another scanner, I would probably get a HP-2 for the superior screen. The HP-2 and the 996P2 seem to perform identically, although the 996P2 is louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.