Realistic pro-2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEOradio

Hello everybody!

I recently purchased 2 realistic pro 2001 scanners and i've been playing around with them both to find out they both have the same issue. Both of them power up, scan, with working squelch and are able to be programmed. They also both have new 9 volt batteries installed. And at the same time they both will not recieve anything on any band. I tried standing next to them both with antennas attached and transmitting on both vhf and uhf frequencies and the scanner picks up none of it. I dont really know much about repairing this stuff but I read on here that bearcat 101 and the pro-2001 scanners both succumb to bad memory chips. Does anyone know which chip specifically usually goes bad? I have a service manual for the pro-2001 and it says with these symptoms that the Ic-10 or SN74174 may be the culprit. Is the SN74714 the chip that everyone usually sees go bad in these scanners? I'd like to get them working again to use so I thought I would check here to get some advice. Thanks again!

David

wtp

try listening to your local NOAA weather frequencies.
i hope you did no harm by transmitting close to it.
my 2001 receives a noaa station over 20 air miles away.

NEOradio

try listening to your local NOAA weather frequencies.
i hope you did no harm by transmitting close to it.
my 2001 receives a noaa station over 20 air miles away.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I already tried all the weather frequencies with no avail. I was holding a 5 watt portable standing next to it (5 feet away) so I'm sure that didnt cause any damage, and I had tried that after already trying the weather frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.