Realistic Scanner Crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpswx4cster

I am looking at buying an old radio shack crystal control portable scanner. This scanner will only be used to receive the local fire tone channel. Would anybody know where I can order a crystal for an old Reaslistic Scanner? I need 453.325 MHz.

Thanks

Gary Shuford

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Double or triple conversion

Since you're looking for a UHF crystal, which scanner model do you have? The PRO-5 (handheld) was double conversion, while others like the PRO-10 were triple conversion. This is a significant factor in determining the correct crystal you'll need.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-10 & Pro-77

gpswx4cster said:
But I sure would like to have a Pro-10 (like you have)! I found a Pro-77 but it only does VHF
I actually have 2 PRO-10s and 2 PRO-77s but they are not stock. I pretty much use the '77s for CHP on low band VHF and the '10s for fire on VHF high. Not too much around here I want to hear on UHF now as they went to 800. That's why I have the PRO-9x scanners.

Attachments

• PRO77 06_.jpg
    PRO77 06_.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 8,103

gpswx4cster

Wow...I have NEVER seen a Realistic scanner like that before! What do all the switches do??

Would you have any idea as to where I could locate the crystal I need?

Gary

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-10 & Pro-77

gpswx4cster said:
Wow...I have NEVER seen a Realistic scanner like that before! What do all the switches do??
The first 3 switches are auto/scan, manual advance, a special functions. The next 20 switches are for each of the 20 channels. No need to "go to manual" then "advance" to the channel you want. Just press the switch of the channel up and you are there. Or press it down to lock it out from scanning. Note that the last switch is up, so the scanner is on channel 20. The switches are color coded (closely anyway) to the resistor color code for easy finding.

The two extra knobs are for variable delay. The "2 second delay" in RS scanners was never 2 seconds anyway. In addition I want to be able to adjust the delay. And inside there are lots of DIP switches for additional configuration (depending on what crystals you install/etc).

Would you have any idea as to where I could locate the crystal I need?
I just checked my supply of crystals (I've never counted them, but I have them all listed in a DB) and I don't have any at that frequency regardless of conversion. Someone else was asking this question not all that long ago and I believe someone posted a link to where they could be purchased. Try doing a basic search for crystals and see what comes up. If not here, search on google for "scanner crystals".

Good luck.

buttons

Radio shack should be able to get you a xtal. A local scanner shop also. The last time I bought a xtal Igave them the freq &the radio type paid for the xtal and was giver a certificate. The xtal was mailed directly to me. Don't hold me to it but I think it came from MONITORADIO, Wateseca , Ill.?

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Last edited:

W9NES

I have Radio Shack crystals for sale for $5.00 per crystal.Please advise what frequency you need and I will check to see if I have it.I have VHF low, high, and UHF Crystals available.If you are intrestred please send me a pm and I will advise,Thanks Best Requards,Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis,Indiana

JamesPrine

Still have crystals to sell?

I have Radio Shack crystals for sale for $5.00 per crystal.Please advise what frequency you need and I will check to see if I have it.I have VHF low, high, and UHF Crystals available.If you are intrestred please send me a pm and I will advise,Thanks Best Requards,Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis,Indiana

I recently purchased a factory fresh (no kidding, it was literally sealed in its original factory plastic!) Realistic PRO-21A dual-conversion VHF/VHF scanner. I would like to purchase 4 crystals for it, including 155.190 MHz, 154.830 MHz, 153.9275 MHz, and 147.000 MHz if you have such as these still available.

Thanks in any case!

James Prine ( in Ponchatoula, Louisiana thanks to Hurricane Katrina! LOL)

SJ13

Does anyone know what crystals will work in a Realistic Pro 52 Patrolman?
10.5, 10.7 or 10.8?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you have a problem with a post, please click on the Report Post triangle to report it and move on. There's nothing to be gained by replying to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.