Really confused Round Rock - GATTRS Simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I have an HP-2.
Setup A Favorites list in Sentinel.

No matter how I set it up in Sentinel - I get no traffic on the RRPD an RRFD channels. (I know some are encrypted and those will skip but the main dispatch is supposed to be in the clear).

It brings in all the sites for the GATTRS. Tried just the Williamson County site since I live in Round Rock. No luck - now I have added them all to see if this helps. But there are so many i think it is missing possible conversations.

What is so confusing about Simulcast - is the agencies are not all on the various towers - example Austin PD cannot be picked up on just the Williamson tower - I have to get that off Simulcast 1 tower.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Wish there was a list like this agency is on these towers...etc.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
WILCO Simulcast is what you want. You are probably going to need a yagi to point at the site to get the best performance. More than likely your scanner is hearing too many sites to be able to track correctly.

Talk groups are limited to certain sites depending on what layer they fall into. But, even though a TG might be carried on a certain site it may not be active on that site till a subscriber unit affiliates with that site.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so I live in Round Rock and guess I can look up where the Williams County Tour is and try to work toward that.

On the HP-2 I can shorten the RANGE - maybe I will play with that.

I would love for someone to confirm they have heard some Round Rock Police and how they did this.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
TLF82

What I see in the database is that Dispatch N and Dispatch S are digital (D) but do not show an E (encrypted ) like some of their TAC channels...and someone else thought some of their stuff was in the clear.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
I dropped them into my radio and everything was coming across encrypted. I can't speak to as if they were in the past or normally in the clear. But as of my earlier posting what I was receiving was encrypted.

And it's not a radio issue. I don't use a scanner to monitor.

rbarker

Robert
All Round Rock Police is Encrypted, as is Williamson Co SO and most all EMS only an occasional back channel may not be encrypted and a lot of the fire depts including Round Rock Fire are in the clear.

Sent from my Slate 21 Pro using Tapatalk

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks everyone....just always trusted the database - but since you all have tried and know...I will take your word on it.

Thanks.

Williams Co. - got them to remove the red light cameras in RR now we just need them to transmit in the clear. Makes you wonder just what they are saying when they know they are private (encrypted).

n6szc

Radio Reference Encrypted Agencies lists Williamson County and any agency being dispatched by Williamson County as being encrypted. It lists several cities but Round Rock isn't one of them.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference Encrypted Agencies lists Williamson County and any agency being dispatched by Williamson County as being encrypted. It lists several cities but Round Rock isn't one of them.

The database is incorrect. RRPD is encrypted.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
I agree - it must be wrong because I can never get anything on my HP-2 or BCD536hp for Round Rock - it skips those encrypted channels.

rbarker

Robert
Unfortunately the people updating radioreference are not in Austin so they don't understand. I have tried and tried and tried to submit updates but they either get ignored or they get put back a day or so later. (like they did with APD George) If they label a talkgroup as encrypted, your radio will never hear it no matter what. If they have it as UN-encrypted and it comes as scrambled the radio will usually ignore it. Recently in Williamson county most all of the fire talkgroups were changed back to UN-encrypted. But the police, Sheriff and EMS main channels still are. Some back channels may not be encrypted but hard to find those since they hardly ever use them.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Maybe time for me to run a little Talk Group ID Search to find some for GATTRS off the Round Rock tower to see what I can dig up.

rbarker

Robert
I scan all towers in Open or Wildcard mode so I see every new talk group that pops up. I've been doing it from the beginning. Every once in awhile I even unlock the ones I had previously locked out just to make sure they are still encrypted. There is no law enforcement dispatch in Williamson Co that is in the clear.

teknishun

Ok thanks everyone....just always trusted the database - but since you all have tried and know...I will take your word on it.

Thanks.

Williams Co. - got them to remove the red light cameras in RR now we just need them to transmit in the clear. Makes you wonder just what they are saying when they know they are private (encrypted).

Reminder - The Radio Reference database is only as accurate as YOU, the user, make it so.
If you positively know that something is encrypted (E) and it does not show that way in the
RR database then submit an UPDATE to RR so they can make it so.

We, the various users, are the ones who help keep the database accurate.

Teknishun WA5MLM

rbarker

Robert
Normally 856.2125 is just page out (in the clear) for Round Rock Fire Dept, but I just heard a station respond telling the dispatcher that they received the test tones.

lots of ACL Fest Traffic this weekend on the Austin GATRRS

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Yes agree ACL is blowing up the airwaves...heard some funny things last night...

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Reminder - The Radio Reference database is only as accurate as YOU, the user, make it so.

If you positively know that something is encrypted (E) and it does not show that way in the

RR database then submit an UPDATE to RR so they can make it so.

We, the various users, are the ones who help keep the database accurate.

Teknishun WA5MLM

I can definitely confirm they are encrypted. Had an APX6500 of theirs on the bench earlier last week and it showed as encrypted on their dispatch channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbarker

Robert
With Austin Police many of their CID talkgroups will be encrypted for some units and not encrypted for others

garys

Premium Subscriber
On a somewhat similar note, I have a TCSO question. I saw that Elgin is partially in Bastrop, partially in Travis, and partially in Williamson County. I'll leave the last one out since they encrypt their radio.

My question is, if any TCSO traffic is carried on the Bastrop Simulcast site?

Status
Not open for further replies.