Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
My radio vendor has made contact with me to come in next week and reband my fire department radios. What will this mean as far as me being able to monitor on my scanner? What exactly is involved...new frequencies only? Would the tech be able to tell me the frequencies and talk groups so they can be posted to the database?

Thanks

schnit

My radio vendor has made contact with me to come in next week and reband my fire department radios. What will this mean as far as me being able to monitor on my scanner? What exactly is involved...new frequencies only? Would the tech be able to tell me the frequencies and talk groups so they can be posted to the database?

Thanks

Nothing really involved except setting your dept up with a new set of frequencies. Nothing should change in terms of being able to monitor providing your scanner will accept re banding, some do, some don't. The tech would absolutely be able to give you frequency and TG data, he is the one setting it up so he'd better know that information. Usually, TG's are not changed during re banding though, just frequencies.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
OK..so I presume the old and new frequencies are active during the changeover then? I'll inquire as to the frequencies and see what I can find out. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.