Receive Page-Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared2295

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to program a motorola advisor gold (or any other alpha-numeric pager) to monitor any (1)
of the following Fire Departments: Benbrook, White Settlement, or Fort Worth? I would like to receive something like the dispatch ticket where it would tell me the address, incident type, etc. If this is possible I would like to know how to do it.
Thanks,
Jared K.
Benbrook, TX
KE5VLJ

jared2295

Premium Subscriber
I already have IPN, I just want to receive a page every time that Benbrook or White Settlement Fire/EMS is dispatched. Is there any way to do this with some type of alpha-numeric pager?

Thanks,
Jared K.
Benbrook, TX
KE5VLJ

SCPD

QRT
Not without the pager company approving it, and programing the Cap Code into the unit. However, with a tapped scanner and certain software, you can watch that stuff. With the exception of Motorola Flex paging.

jared2295

Premium Subscriber
Not without the pager company approving it, and programing the Cap Code into the unit. However, with a tapped scanner and certain software, you can watch that stuff. With the exception of Motorola Flex paging.
How would I tap a pager?

SCPD

QRT
NO, you TAP the Scanner! then find the Data program that best suits your purpose which decodes the Frequency used by the pager.

Not sure Tom, Dallas has a Private paging system. I would have to guess Ft. Worth does too. But so much now is on Nextel, Crackberry and MDC. Only volunteer departments really use pagers still for fire tone out. Most urban tone out is on the TRS or on MDC1200 systems.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
But so much now is on Nextel, Crackberry and MDC. Only volunteer departments really use pagers still for fire tone out. Most urban tone out is on the TRS or on MDC1200 systems.
Lots of paid municipal and volunteer fire departments use commercial alphanumeric paging in addition to tone & voice dispatching and MDC CAD. Houston FD uses all 3. Problem is, decoding and monitoring commercial paging is illegal under ECPA statues, so you're not going to find much good info along the lines of "xxx department uses xxx paging service on xxx.xxxx with yyyyyy capcode."

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
never hurts to ask...

If you're couteous and polite, you might try going to the dept and asking (assuming you have correct alpha pager). If they have prog cap., it's just a few minutes in the prog. cradle and you're out the door.

You might be surprised ;-)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.