Receiving issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve1sef

First off, if this question has been answer, sorry.
I've notice last couple of days that 536 doesn't seem to be receiving properly. I only seem to be picking stations within a mile of the scanner. At first though it was an antenna issue. But same problem on several different antennas, stationary and mobile. The 996xt is picking up the normal signals on all the same antennas.
I'm suspecting it might be the BNC connector on the scanner, wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the 536?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Just a guess, but is it possible you have location control turned on?

shglad

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same problem. Started two weeks ago. 436, 996XT all work great off of same antenna and coax. Location control is "off" and all service types enabled.

ecfc127

Premium Subscriber
Having the same problem with my 536, stopped receiving all freq. including weather channels. changed sd card and antenna. About two weeks now.

gonefishn1

Did you re-format the SD Card?
Load Full data base, all services on, enter zip, range 0, Set scan selection, select lists to monitor, full data base on.
I would try this and see what happens.

kmi8dy

the same thing happened with my 6 or 7 month old 996p2. to make a long story short, the antenna connection inside the case was loose at the antenna bulkhead adapter. i resoldered the connection and everyhing works good. do not do this if you have no electronic repair experence !

ecfc127

Premium Subscriber
@gonefishn1- re-format old card, yes to all options as you described. Replaced the sd card with new. re-formatted and programed, changed antennas, still nothing. I have both HP1/HP2 that are picking up channels loud and clear.

The 536 was working ok a week or so ago. It's not even picking up the National Weather Service channels which I normally receive in fine.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately it sounds like it will have to go in for service. It looks like you did all you could.

kc2kth

Definitely sounds like a sensitivity issue but to not overlook the obvious, this isn't something goofy like squelch, a new piece of electronics gear recently installed causing some interference, or some thing else environmental? Any chance you can throw the 536 in your car and see how it works a few miles away?

Status
Not open for further replies.