recharagable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

can anyone help on this, i currently thinking about getting another charger for the aa's i want to have another set of batteries already charged on stand by ready for when the set im using goes bad. how long will the charged batteries hold there power. im trying to find out if its worth getting another charger if the batteries drain fast or do they hold there charge for a good while. thanks for any help on this. im using the powerex 2700 batteries and it will be with a basic charger. thanks again

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
can anyone help on this, i currently thinking about getting another charger for the aa's i want to have another set of batteries already charged on stand by ready for when the set im using goes bad. how long will the charged batteries hold there power. im trying to find out if its worth getting another charger if the batteries drain fast or do they hold there charge for a good while. thanks for any help on this. im using the powerex 2700 batteries and it will be with a basic charger. thanks again

a second charger is always a great idea. I also would not suggest leaving your powerex set on trickle for extended periods. Rather cycle them every so often, while keeping a fresh set at the ready.

n9zas

frank125

what im trying to find out is if my stand by batteries which are aa are charged and i will not use them for a full 7 to 8 days later will they still be fully charged or will they lose power every day not being used. thank you

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
NiMH batteries will discharge on their own (without anything connected to them), some more than others. They can lose up to 10% the first day, but lose less than 1% daily thereafter. Generally speaking, the higher the mA rating = the faster they will self-discharge.

As for the charger itself; If you're going to spend money on a stand-alone battery charger then I would suggest you buy a good quality charger, not some cheap "basic charger". ;)

DickH

NiMH batteries will discharge on their own (without anything connected to them), some more than others. They can lose up to 10% the first day, but lose less than 1% daily thereafter. Generally speaking, the higher the mA rating = the faster they will self-discharge.

As for the charger itself; If you're going to spend money on a stand-alone battery charger then I would suggest you buy a good quality charger, not some cheap "basic charger". ;)

The newest type of NiMH (package marked "pre-charged") batteries lose their charge much more slowly than the old type. Sanyo Enoloops are the most well known, but all the others seem to have them now. Walmart and Cosco have good prices.

John_S

If you're going to run NiMH batteries, they need to be used quickly. That's actually a step backward from NiCD's. Such is progress. You may be better off getting a couple of sets and use them full time instead of just for back up power. This guy usually has good deals... BATTERIES AMERICA

Status
Not open for further replies.