Recommendations for a dual band 2m/70cm balconey antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthetik

I use a small portable ELK 2m/440 beam INSIDE hotels when I travel. Significantly increases my range!

Thanks, I may grab one of those as well, the good thing about this set up is I can swap antennas on the mast fairly easily and rotate it by hand as its quite close to my rig.

prcguy

I would recommend putting up the biggest thing you can afford that will not get your lease canceled. If the Diamond X-50 fits then it will work better than most other suggestions. Comet has an equivalent with similar specs and performance.

I recently bought a Tram clone of a 17ft Comet GP-9 off Ebay real cheap and am pleased with its construction and performance at less than half what the Comet would have run. So I just ordered a Tram 1480 8ft version for another project at $58 with free shipping. There are lots of antennas to choose from but the Tram 1480 will run circles around any Ed Fong J-pole and they will run five or six circles around the COMPACtenna thing, which I also have.

synthetik

I'm going with the X50NA for now, I'll work my way up to convincing the landlord to put the x300NA on the roof haha

TheSpaceMann

Thanks, I may grab one of those as well, the good thing about this set up is I can swap antennas on the mast fairly easily and rotate it by hand as its quite close to my rig.
I mount the beam on a broomstick bungee corded to a chair indoors! Works even better if you have an outdoor terrace or balcony!!

graywoulf

I just bought a DBJ-1 from Ed Fong and I love it. It goes inside of a section of PVC pipe or you can buy the DBJ-2 portable version that just hangs up. I am picking up a repeater that is 104 miles away on full scale. They have a lifetime guarantee and full support from the inventor himself via phone or email. They are available on ebay as well as his website... Ed's Antennas I hope that helps. And he has sold over 23.000 of them with no complaints. Check out the specs, they are good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.