Record Out & Streaming ??'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I currently stream a stereo feed on here. The current setup has the audio being routed out of the back of the "Record Out" Jack on the back of the 996 and 15x. My question is the audio volume that is fed out of the record out controlled by the volume knob or is it constantly the same audio level?

Tweekerbob

It's at a constant level. In fact, the Speaker is still live when the REC OUT jack is being used, so the volume knob controls the speaker level.

alwayslookin

I have a question about this? I have a feed here as well and want to be able to use the rec out to run my feed so if I have to turn down the volume it won't affect the listeners. Do I have to check the record option in Proscan on what I want everyone to hear? I tried using it that way and listened to the live feed but did not hear anything on the feed but heard on the scanner itself also while trying this I was using my client side of Proscan and did not get any audio from it as well. Any advise? Thanks.

scosgt

I find that I get better audio out for streaming using the headphone jack on front.

alwayslookin

I find that I get better audio out for streaming using the headphone jack on front.

Im trying to run my feed with a constant volume for feed and be able to turn my volume down if need to with out affecting my feed. I tried the headphone as well still same issue.

scosgt

Use one jack for the feed and the other for an amplified speaker like the one Radio Shack sells. Control the volume from the speaker.

alwayslookin

Use one jack for the feed and the other for an amplified speaker like the one Radio Shack sells. Control the volume from the speaker.

Which jack I tried all of them and they all do the same when I turn the volume down on the scanner the volume for the feed goes down as well?

scosgt

Which jack I tried all of them and they all do the same when I turn the volume down on the scanner the volume for the feed goes down as well?

The record out jack on mine is not affected by the volume control. In ANY event, stream from the headphone jack on front. Set up your volume for streaming, then plug the amplified speaker into the rear ext speaker jack and leave the volume knob alone, just control the local volume on the speaker itself. Most all amplified speakers have a volume switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.