Record stream into transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leee

I've been keeping an archive of a stream using streamripper for about a month now, but space is starting to become a concern.

It's an m3u stream which my friend runs. I'd like to be able to record transmissions and split into files when there's no activity lets say after xx number of seconds.

What would be the best way to do this?

VA7DMZ

I wanted similar logging for a stream i listen too. Here is a snippit of code I ended up modifying to my needs.

I found inspiration here
scripting - End sox recording once silence is detected - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/sox -t alsa default /home/default/working/recording.wav silence 1 0.1 5% 1 1.0 5%
DATE=$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)
mv /home/default/working/recording.wav /home/default/waiting/$DATE.recording.wav
/home/default/startrecord.sh

I liked this sox command because it preserves the timestamp of the audio while also minimizing space used.
I am recording from the line-in audio port. I would guess sox can listen to m3u streams?

Last edited:

leee

I like this, it works well in theory.

However, the machine running the stream was remotely setup with decent industrial hardware but with low disk space, so we can't do the recording locally.

I'm looking at the man page for sox but it looks like it only works with audio interfaces and not streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.