Red DOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummadude

I'm listening to fire and police departments get dispatched out to calls, while in the first time in the nearly a year that I've had a scanner I hear someone on the Red Dot frequency.

Two beligerent, swearing guys talking about Hillary Clinton, work unions, Japan, and other weird stuff. I'm so used to police departments using proper etiquette that it really threw me off guard.

What exactly is this frequency used for? I couldn't find much on Google about what exactly it is.

ind224

check it out

But it *could* be PS.
Considering some of the freqs are now MURS anyone can be there provided they follow the rules. I could see them using it as a tac channel no problem.

EngineerZ

ind224 said:

I'm sure all of the race and track officials have obtained their individual GMRS licenses in order to use the GRMS channels (462.575, 462.625 and 462.675 MHz...)

The race organizers can enforce the above rule inside the raceway park as a condition to be admitted to the event. However, they can't stop anyone just outside the park from using those frequencies since they are made available on a shared basis; no user gets priority over another... If I were outside the park during the event (and being a GMRS licensee), I would have been tempted to hop on the one of the GMRS channels and start using it.

--z

Status
Not open for further replies.