Regency HX1000 Battery Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
From what I just recently read, a charged pack could be used, but it can/t be charged by a NiCad charger. The charger will just keep on charging the pack even thou the cells are charged and will get the pack hot.
IOW's NiMh chargers should be backward compatible with NiCd packs, but not the other way around. Unless I read wrong.

Do you have the drop in charger, or just a plug in brick? I was referring to the drop-in charger v2, not the original fast charge model that was made for their transceivers..

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
I should of included this in the above post, but the forum won't allow editing after a period of time.
https://www.batteryspace.com/customnicdbatterypack96v1000mahwithhitecconnector.aspx

There is the option of building one yourself for less, but it's no picnic, especially with a 8-pack;
holding the cells together,
lining up the tabs,
soldering them without shifting the position of the other cells,
taping up the pack, especially the ends and hope it fits the opening,
attaching the existing wire connector leads,
then hoping there are any 'bad' cells after the first few cycles (NiCd's have memory).

I've done it more than once and it never turns out that great, unless you have one of those 'sealing tools' with a large enough shrinkable tubing which I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.