Regency MX3000 AC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy1951

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know what voltage the AC power adaptor supplies...???

I have an old MX3000, but the manual doesn't say and I have several AC wallwarts...

typesix

I have a M400 which uses the same case style, the AC adapter says 12 volts AC output. If your MX3000 is like my M400, there should also be a separate red colored jack that takes 12-14 volts DC since these radios were designed for mobile or home use. It will take the positive side and the negative side of the DC is attached to the chassis ground screw. The small black plug is for the 12VAC. Either way, a 0.8 amp minimum is required.

Last edited:

dispatch

Premium Subscriber
MX3000 Power Transformer

Is the center pin positive or negative on the older Regency scanners?
Thanks...

Dave KD9LX

typesix

You would need to be more specific about which model, some were made by Bearcat/Uniden, and also depends on whether you're talking about base or handheld.

typesix

The black connector takes 12VAC, the red connector takes 12-14DC and is the hot side. The negative goes to the chassis screw.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Is the center pin positive or negative on the older Regency scanners?
Thanks...

Dave KD9LX

On AC, there is no positive/negative pin. As long as the wal-wart that you are using is 12VAC, then it won't matter which wire is what. As far as DC is concerned, typesix took care of that. The red connector is 12VDC positve and the chassis is ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.