Regina Phase 2 Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
Where in Canada have they given media access to a system?

Saskatoon media has subscriber units programmed for both police and fire, however only police are encrypted.

Keeping this about Regina... when I was there this month everything was being patched over. All in the clear except police of course.

Jewison

I have an update regarding the Regina Phase 2 update. I decided to try to load this new system into my GRE PSR 500 scanner. I am able to hear all the EMS and Fire transmissions again on the phase 2 system that I lost on the city's old Motorola system. I thought that the GRE PSR 500 was not compatible with the Phase 2 system but it's working fine.

The Pro-106 is also able to hear EMS and Fire on the new Phase 2 system.

Jewison

My understanding is it's a Phase 2 capable system currently operating as Phase 1.
On the old Motorola system now I can only hear the dispatch channels for EMS and with the Phase 2 system I can hear everything with EMS. If you are correct this will only work until they start operating on the phase 2 system full exclusively.

I have an update regarding the Regina Phase 2 update. I decided to try to load this new system into my GRE PSR 500 scanner. I am able to hear all the EMS and Fire transmissions again on the phase 2 system that I lost on the city's old Motorola system. I thought that the GRE PSR 500 was not compatible with the Phase 2 system but it's working fine.

The Pro-106 is also able to hear EMS and Fire on the new Phase 2 system.

Maybe the EMS / FIRE radios are only capable of Phase 1 P25 system operation ? You could run the Pro96com program on the control channel and get us some data on this system ?
Thank for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.