• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Regular TV antenna has my SDR software, It works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

Premium Subscriber
This is a TV antenna and the elements on this antenna are horizontal. If you could configure the elements vertically it would perform much better. As it is configured right now, horizontal I'm not sure how good it would do. You may also have to consider an adapter to go from the antenna line & into your dongle. HTH!

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
TV antennas make good broadbanded scanner antennas. But you should rotate the axis of the elements ninety degrees so they are vertical.

...and I doubt that it's frequency response gets down to 47MHz. There is no such thing as a digital antenna, only an antenna that suits the UHF band that your digital TV is broadcast on in the US. Here it's around 400 to 700MHz.

You could just turn in 90 degrees.

That antenna will be directional at its resonant frequencies and will be relatively deaf behind. The quoted frequency response is nonsense, unless they consider 8:1 SWR as "resonant", with IS nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.