Regular TV antenna has my SDR software, It works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

us3r

Hello,

I am interest in listening to communications but I would like to have a new more powerful antenna.

I think a buy this antenna but you think that this will work if I plug this antenna has my USB?

(Digiwave Digital TV Antenna (ANT2084) : Antennae - Future Shop)

& I could change the frequency between (47-862MHz)?

USB dongle: R820T

Sorry if I have a spelling error I use a translator.
Thanks you.

joeuser

The Wretched
This is a TV antenna and the elements on this antenna are horizontal. If you could configure the elements vertically it would perform much better. As it is configured right now, horizontal I'm not sure how good it would do. You may also have to consider an adapter to go from the antenna line & into your dongle. HTH!

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
TV antennas make good broadbanded scanner antennas. But you should rotate the axis of the elements ninety degrees so they are vertical.

majoco

Stirrer
...and I doubt that it's frequency response gets down to 47MHz. There is no such thing as a digital antenna, only an antenna that suits the UHF band that your digital TV is broadcast on in the US. Here it's around 400 to 700MHz.

us3r

Thank you for your answers, I think this will be my next order!!

Flatliner

You could just turn in 90 degrees.

That antenna will be directional at its resonant frequencies and will be relatively deaf behind. The quoted frequency response is nonsense, unless they consider 8:1 SWR as "resonant", with IS nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.