• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Relationship between Vocoder and Speech frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

protocoder

Hi

Please can you tell me the relation ship between the vocoder we use in Mobile/Portables to the max speech which can be compressed in the time slot( i mean a a given frame of the protocol).
Any links, tutorials, or references are welcome.

Regards
PC

N

N_Jay

It is going to depend on the specific vocoder, the vocoder output bit rate, the frame size, etc.

protocoder

Relationship between Vocoder and Speech frames

Hi Jay,

Thank you for the response. I am aware of the relation which exists. i would like to know the relation so that i can compute for our vocoder characteristics. I would really appreciate the help. Also please can you put in some references.

Regards
-PC

protocoder

Relationship between Vocoder and Speech frames

Please some one can help me to provide an answer .. I am unable to get answer on my own.

I wish to know the relationship mathematically of vocoder's characteristics and the amount of speech or IP voice which i can compress in a time frame.

Regards
PC

wlmr

Your question is too generic. Vocoder is a broad term for converting voice into digital. If you know which vocoder you're looking for info about it will help both your individual searches and MAY help you get more specific info here if anyone knows about it. In your initial post you are asking about the vocoder "we" are using. Who/what radio system is "we"?

N

N_Jay

Please some one can help me to provide an answer .. I am unable to get answer on my own.

I wish to know the relationship mathematically of vocoder's characteristics and the amount of speech or IP voice which i can compress in a time frame.

Regards
PC

Your question indicates that you don't have sufficient understanding of the topic to grasp what you are being told.

Don't take this as an insult. It is simply that your question has no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.