• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Religion Quiz

So, like, when it comes to crosses in cemeteries you could care less?
I'm not sure where you're going with that. Cemeteries with their religious symbols can be strikingly beautiful. I frequently use Kodak Tri-x 400 for b&w cemetery photography, or I did. I use a modified DSLR for digital infrared now, mostly. I have hundreds of pictures of cemetery crosses.

So , I'm quite taken with the artistic aspect if them, and I have a great deal of respect for what they represent to people.

What I object to is people creating law based upon religious beliefs. We are not a theocracy, and I object to conservative Republicans trying to make it one.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with cemetery crosses.

You don't think any one atheist group represents all of them, do you? The whole point of atheism is that we don't subscribe to any organized group think about religion.

You seem to have a world view formed from excessive internet exposure, and not real world experience. To you ever come out for fresh air, or do you stay put, incessantly "absorbing" the news?

Something just seems off about you.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
No, actually I did not. Just did some Google searches based on what I know and pasted the links. I guess they turned it into satire seen as how atheists are trying to tear down all things relating to religion up to and including crosses and memorials, and it's been in the news ad nauseam. I'm sure if it was about Muhammad or something satanic it wouldn't matter to these people. Especially Islam. Oh lordy, lordy, don't mess with Islam.

It is true that Christianity is the most persecuted religion on the planet. And even today some countries ban the Bible. I wonder why?

Few more links:

Missouri City Refuses To Remove Cross Display At Public Park Despite Atheists’ Demands

Christian Cross Removed from Michigan Park After Pushback from Atheists

Atheists wanted cross removed from veterans memorial. They won… for a few weeks

No, actually I did not. Just did some Google searches based on what I know and pasted the links. I guess they turned it into satire seen as how atheists are trying to tear down all things relating to religion up to and including crosses and memorials...
I wonder how many other links you find and incessantly absorb are satire sites. You're building up a belief system that's at least partially based on garbage. You can't seem to accurately discern humor and actual fact.

You need to turn off your computer and go outside and play. Buy a couple of newspapers. Pick up a copy of US News and World Report. Take up a new hobby. Just stay away from Google for a while. You need some balance.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
I wonder how many other links you find and incessantly absorb are satire sites. You're building up a belief system that's at least partially based on garbage. You can't seem to accurately discern humor and actual fact.

You need to turn off your computer and go outside and play. Buy a couple of newspapers. Pick up a copy of US News and World Report. Take up a new hobby. Just stay away from Google for a while. You need some balance.
You should pick up a Bible.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
... atheists are trying to tear down all things relating to religion up to and including crosses and memorials, and it's been in the news ad nauseam. I'm sure if it was about Muhammad or something satanic it wouldn't matter to these people. Especially Islam. Oh lordy, lordy, don't mess with Islam.
In the US, people are making sure that the government follows the separation of church and state. When those talismans and idols are on private private property, they do not try take legal action.

It is true that Christianity is the most persecuted religion on the planet. And even today some countries ban the Bible. I wonder why?
No, it is not. People are getting their undies in a wad when they are not given the preferential treatment they had gotten used to.

Sent using Tapatalk

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
In the US, people are making sure that the government follows the separation of church and state. When those talismans and idols are on private private property, they do not try take legal action

Up to and including allowing satanist crap along side nativity scenes. Yeah.... I see how this is working out. You're not fooling anyone.

No, it is not. People are getting their undies in a wad when they are not given the preferential treatment they had gotten used to.
You think you know what you know, but you don't know what you know.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Look, I'm not trying to sway anyone on anything. I stated my points and I was quoted with BS. It's as if my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm dubbed as some sort of a door to door salesmen for believing that a creator does in fact exist. Now the subject has turned into how atheists are systematically turning this country into pot.

Truth is there was nothing wrong with it before, and now all of a sudden there is. Now they are tearing down statutes and trying to erase history like it never happened. Next thing you know there will be self-driving cars, three sea shells and Taco Bell will be a gourmet food restaurant.

What's your boggle?

"Captain John Spartan, you have been fined three credits for the use of an inproper pronoun."

It's as if my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm dubbed as some sort of a door to door salesmen for believing that a creator does in fact exist.
Hey, you're the one coming in, necroposting 2 month's after the fact, and saying that atheists (fuel for hell) are trying to control you. Get over yourself. If you can't handle the debate, why are you here?

I'm sorry your highness, but I have to use Google again and do your job since you're so ill informed as usual.
Hey, if you're going to make the claim, you get to provide the evidence.

Now, speaking of the evidence, that's hilarious! A snaketivity scene? A haloed goat head?

"The statue is the haloed head of a Baphomet, an occult symbol, with a star on its forehead. LED lights will shine upward from the statue's base."

Well, that's a classic example of a fair application of the firsts amendment if ever I saw one. You don't seem to like it.