• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Religion Quiz

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Up to and including allowing satanist crap along side nativity scenes. Yeah.... I see how this is working out. You're not fooling anyone.
The first part is aligned with the first amendment, if one religion is allowed access, then all religions must be allowed access.

You think you know what you know, but you don't know what you know.
You have no idea the things that you don't know, and how my info is correct.

Sent using Tapatalk

krokus

Premium Subscriber
... the subject has turned into how atheists are systematically turning this country into pot.

Truth is there was nothing wrong with it before, and now all of a sudden there is...
All atheists want is no religion forced on anyone, and scientific theories and facts be taught in school. (Which includes updating what is taught, when new discoveries are made.)

There has been plenty wrong in this country. Most of those wrongs were focused on people that were not white, heterosexual, Christian, and male. Our society has gotten better about equality, but has a ways to go. That application of equality has left people feeling like they have lost something, because they do not have (a perceived) superiority any more.

Sent using Tapatalk

There has been plenty wrong in this country. Most of those wrongs were focused on people that were not white, heterosexual, Christian, and male. Our society has gotten better about equality, but has a ways to go. That application of equality has left people feeling like they have lost something, because they do not have (a perceived) superiority any more.
You nailed it, dead on.

I can't help you, man. You're not very bright.
You tend to dodge the tough questions when things aren't going your way. You've done this to me in several threads. You call others not so bright, but the evidence seems to indicate that it's you who are unable to answer the difficult questions. There's no intelligence involved in blindly swallowing whatever dogma is fed to you, and that's exactly what religion is. You fall back on a 2000 year old book that was written when people thought mental illness was caused by demons, a solar eclipse portended the end of the world, and sacrificing a goat or a child would help make your crops grow better.

You believe some of the same things THOSE people believed in, but human knowledge has actually moved on. A huge percentage of scientists are atheists because they know how the world works, and where it came from. Mathematics can bring us from the instant of the big bang, to now, and the entire process of creation is is well understood from there. Yet you believe some of the same things that the people who sacrificed goats and children did. And you say krokus isn't very bright?

Although i am not an atheist (I believe in a creative force) I do know that through experience the majority of main stream (born into,don't want to upset the folks religious people) don't actually read their (born into) religious rule books.They prefer to be lazy and have spoon fed titbits fed to them by somebody else.

If these people actually read their rule books and ruminated over them (if the individual has any sense) would find them hypocritical outdated nonsense.

mmckenna

Some random guy on the internets.
If these people actually read their rule books and ruminated over them (if the individual has any sense) would find them hypocritical outdated nonsense.
That pretty much sums up the Right Wing Christianity thing. Many would not like the real Jesus. Most would probably call the police on him.

As for the test, 9 out of 10. And no, I didn't go to seminary, I just pay attention. I do go to church, luckily it's a bunch of real people, not posers. They've done specific sermon series on other religions. Not pointing out that they are wrong, but the opposite. Pointing out where they are alike and where things line up the same as "ours". It was done as a conversation starter, and we were all encouraged to go out and visit the houses of worship for these other religions.
Any religion that preaches fear isn't preaching the gospel.

"I guess the problem is choice," "Take the blue pill" and "Captain John Spartan, you have been fined three credits... " are all lines from movies (The Matrix trilogy and Demolition Man).

Since we're doing movies I'll add my bit: "I believe God is a sadist but probably doesn't even know it." Quite astute.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Not a movie, but...

“Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years! ” - Anton LaVey

One thing many people are good at is the blame game.

It give some people a good excuse to blame some men and women's wrong doings in the world.

The devil,The Jew,The Muslim,The Mexican,The Black man,The poor.

Every generation.