Would you appreciate having a Relm/Bendix King Forum?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Hello, would it be possible to establish a Relm/Bendix King Forum as apart of the Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio category?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe this question has come up before and the answer was along the lines of "there isn't enough message traffic related to BK/Relm to justify a separate forum".

You are free to post BK/Relm questions in the Industry Discussion forum.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I believe this question has come up before and the answer was along the lines of "there isn't enough message traffic related to BK/Relm to justify a separate forum".

I'd love to follow and more heavily participate in traffic related to the BK/Relm radios, which are of unique interest to scanner listeners given their Receive Only mode that does not require a System Key and still programs and tracks like a subscriber radio. But there is so much totally unrelated traffic in the Industry Discussion and elsewhere that I don't bother. Also, this site doesn't even really allow searching for related messages, since the model is called a "KNG" and search strings of less than 4 characters are't allowed. So you can't even search for "KNG" to find related traffic.

I pretty much just gave up on RR as an option for BK/Relm related discussions unless/until a separate form is created. Plenty of other things to talk about here, though.

nd5y

Also, this site doesn't even really allow searching for related messages, since the model is called a "KNG" and search strings of less than 4 characters are't allowed. So you can't even search for "KNG" to find related traffic.
Then go to your favorite search engine and search for KNG site:forums.radioreference.com

DanRollman

Database Admin

radio3353

Same reason we were once given when a Unication forum was first requested. The RR owner/moderators finally relented and now the Unication forum is a vibrant, intelligent forum with participation from Unication. Just sayin'.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The RR owner/moderators finally relented...
It was more a matter of recognizing that we were seeing a lot of Unication threads in the forums. We don't see a lot of BK/Relm threads.

If there is sufficient traffic to justify a separate forum, we will add that forum. But, the traffic has to come first.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Excellent. Thanks for letting me know that the limitation on searches of less than 4 characters that had been in place for many years appears to have recently been lifted.

Yes... that less that 4 character search limitation of the old Vbulletin software was a pain sometimes, updating to the Xenforo software has eliminated that restriction.

radio3353

It was more a matter of recognizing that we were seeing a lot of Unication threads in the forums. We don't see a lot of BK/Relm threads.

If there is sufficient traffic to justify a separate forum, we will add that forum. But, the traffic has to come first.

I understand. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.