• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Remember your CB radio call sign?

KANE4109

I had to scan all the way through to be sure I wasn't buried way back in there!!!!

KANE-4109 was mine in about 1977 time frame. Was on a JC Penney Pinto 23 ch at the time.
My father in law, who got me interested in it in the first place was KXM-9925.

TheSpaceMann

I had to scan all the way through to be sure I wasn't buried way back in there!!!!

KANE-4109 was mine in about 1977 time frame. Was on a JC Penney Pinto 23 ch at the time.
My father in law, who got me interested in it in the first place was KXM-9925.
JC Penny!! Yep, I remember way back then when some department sores like Penny and Sears had their names on CB rigs!! :)

MoonBase

A little late to this game but...

KADM-1121
MoonBase out of the Bronx.
I think I still have the paper license too.

I was on a high point at Morris Park where I reached Co-op City, Parkchester, Riverdale and as far as from Fort Lee (very congested there though) to Queens and points on Long Island.
I used a 5/8ths wave and a Tram SSB with a D-104.
I don't recall if I was pushing more than 5W but I could have been. :)
I usually bled channels in both directions.
I hung out on channel 1 mostly.
Had a lot of friends.
No clue where most are now.

TheSpaceMann

KADM-1121
MoonBase out of the Bronx.
I think I still have the paper license too.

I was on a high point at Morris Park where I reached Co-op City, Parkchester, Riverdale and as far as from Fort Lee (very congested there though) to Queens and points on Long Island.
I used a 5/8ths wave and a Tram SSB with a D-104.
I don't recall if I was pushing more than 5W but I could have been. :)
I usually bled channels in both directions.
I hung out on channel 1 mostly.
Had a lot of friends.
No clue where most are now.
Did you ever chat with the CH 31 crew? Torpedo, SnowMan, Doug, StarMan, Lady Bug, Thumper, Gunner, etc? :)

MoonBase

Snowman and Lady Bug sound familiar.

I am wracking my brain trying to remember some handles of people I talked to like every day.
Funny thing is I remember faces thanks to coffee breaks and of course voices.
Evening Star, Pepper and Yellow Dog, Animal+4, Prim Rose, Pinky, Weather Man.
If CH 1 was slow, I'd troll CH 13 where most of our problem children originated.
I vaguely remember intelligent conversation up around CH 31 but I probably hung back and listened more.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Who remembers using their 1st and last initial
followed by their zip code as a temporary call sign
until they were given their perm. call?

KJN08107

I started with a Realistic Navajo TRC-30A 23 channel
with stock mic and 5/8 wave antenna. Upgraded to
a Turner Super Sidekick mic.
That was waaaaaay back when CB was civilized AND FUN

TheSpaceMann

Snowman and Lady Bug sound familiar.

I am wracking my brain trying to remember some handles of people I talked to like every day.
Funny thing is I remember faces thanks to coffee breaks and of course voices.
Evening Star, Pepper and Yellow Dog, Animal+4, Prim Rose, Pinky, Weather Man.
If CH 1 was slow, I'd troll CH 13 where most of our problem children originated.
I vaguely remember intelligent conversation up around CH 31 but I probably hung back and listened more.
Well Snowman was on all the time, usually talking to Torpedo! He had a PDL Quad beam and a 142, and his 20 was near the Gun Hill Road train station. Lady Bug was a hottie who met Doug, and they eventually got married! Gunner lived on Mace Avenue near the Boston Post Road White Castle, and he had a 148 and a Radio Shack ground plane! Do you remember PowerMan (Terry) from Pelham Parkway near White Plains Road, or StarMan (Bruce)? ;)

KD4FUN

Premium Subscriber
Old cb callsign

As I recollect, after clearing a few cobwebs out of the ol memory circuits it was
KAAK 1703 I was just a 12 at the time I got my license.