Remote Face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKMEDIC

Sorry, already posted this on other thread. Thought I was posting new thread. So I'll try again. Does anyone know if Uniden is going to make any of their newer models in a remote face? Surely they could if they wanted to. At least one would think. Thanks for any input.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If they were going to, they would have done it during the design phase. As Scanner Master found out, it's pretty complicated and expensive to design one after market.

I'm guessing that Uniden has decided that there isn't enough market to justify the added engineering and production costs. Which is too bad because it would be a great option to have. Most amateur mobile radios have had the option for years and it saves a lot of space up front.

Gary

Tom_G

I agree

I agree...
I wish Uniden or GRE would do that.
With many of the modern cars/trucks with center consoles, there is no place to mount a box.
In my SAAB 9-5, I have my Kenwood V-708 mounted in the trunk, and I have just the nice control head on the dash. Looks nice...
I would love to have this option with a trunking scanner...

wyldman

Design it like a car stereo,with a removeable faceplate.If you want to remote mount it,you just buy an extension cable and holder for the removeable faceplate.Shouldn't cost to much to do.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If anyone offers it, it would be great if it used standard CAT-5 or telephone cable . It's cheap enough, and readily avaiable in many sizes (without making your own).

800crazy1

i like the removable face plate which i was also thinking of......uniden (Paul P) reads these posts so they know what we desire , but as someone else put it .....there not going to put all there eggs in one basket ...makes sinse.....they'll incorporate these features little at a time to make as much money as they can with there so called current features . just my opinion... no offence paul , just seems like good business since !!

800crazy1

what i guess i was trying to say was ........leave "em" wanting more...the old stage show biz saying

Status
Not open for further replies.