Remote Scanner Control Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules411us

I'm looking for software to remotely control and listen to a BCD996T. The listening post is in a valley and I need to put the scanner at a higher location a couple of miles from my building.

The setup will be on a LAN, and will use IP addresses inside our building. Thus, it will not use internet at all. We tried this once before using an internet connection, and the stream would break up and eventually just lock up.

Our LAN is always on and not subject to internet slowdowns or connections being broken. It is also thousands of times faster than internet based connections.

I need software, that communicates over IP. The connection is two way and realtime.

Butel's ScannerStation looks good.. but a bit pricey for me.
How about ProScan or ScanControl? But can I remotely control my scanner with those.. (i.e. lockout quickeys.. change frequencies ect) In other words.. do just about anything I could do if the scanner was still sitting in front of me? And it has to work on a BCD996T.

Any other software that you have tried or even heard of?

brandon

Database Admin
The Butel software is way overpriced. Just spend 50 dollars on ProScan and call it a day. It works beautifully both over the LAN and Internet. I use it to control a radio 80 miles away and never have any issues. I even use it to program my radio over the LAN. ProScan works on the majority of modern Uniden scanners including the BCD996T. They have a free 30 day trial so you can give it a shot. Hope this helps.

NYRHKY94

I agree with Brandon. Proscan hands down for remote control of Unidens like the 996T. IMO, it's the best all-in-one software out there. Well worth the license fee and you can put it on 2 PC's. I used it to control my remote feed in NJ for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.