Remote Speaker indicatior

Status
Not open for further replies.

msg_warrior01

I have a mobile/scanner rack with 4 different scanners w/external speakers would like to put a different colored LED in each speaker enclosure to identify the scanner that the audio was comming from. Anybody have a small circuirt design that would do the job? The external speakers at not powered.

thx in advance

msg_warrior01

Remote speaker power

any ideas know that I can supply DC power.

looking to use High Intensity LEDs and some sort of switching circut IC based.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
QST magazine had a brief article on how to do this last year. I don't know which month, but I'm sure it was in the last year or so.
You need to supply 12v to the circuit, and tap audio off the speaker. It wasn't a complex circuit, but it's wasn't as easy as just wiring an LED to the speaker leads.

digitalanalog

I have often wondered about this same idea,and I have some results, that Do NOT require ANY outside power source or switching of any type, It's a start to what could be a Nice idea, I made it work and now I just need to fine tune it a bit, Video on the way.
You have to tinker with stuff if you want this kinda stuff to work, if it was easy everyone and every scanner would all ready have it...Now I do.....

digitalanalog

SO currently the main problem is finding a LED the uses a forward voltage of no more then 1 volt, that's why I had to turn the volume all the way up, the lower you turn the volume the dimmer the bulb get's and at 0 volume (as when i started recording) the bulb does not light at all, so the key here is finding a .5 or 1 volt LED (forward voltage that is)

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Slow it down there turbo. Five posts in a few hours? Why not wait until you've got something and then let us know.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
SO currently the main problem is finding a LED the uses a forward voltage of no more then 1 volt
Good luck on that.

I have some results, that Do NOT require ANY outside power source or switching of any type
You do not get something for nothing. The only way I can see to do this is using an external amplifier. Switch line level signals from the scanners and output via FM or BlueTooth to your stereo system. Otherwise you are taxing the hell out of the barely adequate audio amplifiers built into scanners.

digitalanalog

Good luck on that.

You do not get something for nothing. The only way I can see to do this is using an external amplifier. Switch line level signals from the scanners and output via FM or BlueTooth to your stereo system. Otherwise you are taxing the hell out of the barely adequate audio amplifiers built into scanners.

I found 1.6 volt LED and they work PERFECTLY, I was using 3.2 V, To High

I am NOT using the audio amp of the scanner.
I figured it out and anyone can that takes the time to actually sit down and do it, instead of thinking about all the reasons it Can't be done....Because It CAN, There is such a thing as over analizing and that is most of time the issue around here, alway's why it Won't work, Never trying it, just saying it won't seems to satify most, well that's not how I approach it, get in there and play around and MAYBE, Just MAYBE, You figure it out and when you do, You get to pat yourself on the back, or you can just say, Told You So........

It works.....Very simple, It Works.
1 LED Bulb 1.6V and two jumpers, DONE.......Mission Accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.