Remove the Remote Sesnor Diode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It has been found from a post at rtl sdr reddit channel that in certain cases removing the remote diode sensor in the RTL dongle receivers can reduce the amount of out of band interference. I have done this to mine. My personal findings is there is a marginal increase in reception using the HF up converter from nooelec.

If you open the the dongle's case, looks for the LED (the clear diode that emits a blue color) up from it is a black diode with 3 legs. That is the remote sensor. You can try to De-solder it or use small cutters to clip the legs off at the PCB. One guy told me those legs cause some of the interference. If you do this you void your waranty and do it on your own premise that I nor anyone else accepts no responsibility if your dongle ceases to operate.

Do not try this if you are using it for DVB-T /DAB terrestrial TV reception. It is good to have a spare dongle or more in case of the worse cases.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you do this you void your waranty
for a 5€ Dongle lol...
My personal findings is there is a marginal increase in reception using the HF up converter from nooelec.
and w/o and upconverter?
The Keypoint is i try many thinks with 2 Dongle (for example the Ferrite Core) and i see the difference between to when i looking how many Messages the Software decode over 24h, 48h,...

Status
Not open for further replies.