Remtronix backorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

I ordered a 820s a few weeks ago from Universal Radio and it still hasn’t shipped. What gives? Are these that popular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baayers

The first batch went quickly and the last I heard they won’t have any until Mid March / April. I ended up getting an 810S and it works perfectly on my SDS100. The only difference is that the 810S does not have the O-ring for waterproofing. Otherwise the 810 and 820 are identical.

WeBeCinYa

The first batch went quickly and the last I heard they won’t have any until Mid March / April. I ended up getting an 810S and it works perfectly on my SDS100. The only difference is that the 810S does not have the O-ring for waterproofing. Otherwise the 810 and 820 are identical.

So hard to imagine such a part is so hard to produce timely. I will wait longer instead of settling.

WeBeCinYa

Out of all the after-market antennas available for the SDS100/200, the Remtronix is definitely worth the wait.

My backorder says expected to ship 2/2/19, nothing since from Universal Radio. I looked at Bearcat warehouse, they say orders now will ship early Feb. Well all this is past...

WeBeCinYa

Found this on Zipscanners website...I am not waiting until March for a 820, I guess I am getting an 810...

Two Versions SMA?
There are two versions of the Remtroix SMA antenna - with o-ring (820S) and without 0-ring (810S). Besides this, they are exactly the same and get you to the same place. We have tested both and there is no difference. The with o-ring (820S) is on back order till March 2019 and we are not taking back orders at this time.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have 3 Remtronix antennas, none of them sma, all the original bnc and have bought them all here for $19.95 while they are $30 elsewhere, and airspy impressed me with very quick shipping. You might want to give them a call and see if they have what you are looking for with sma and O-rings etc. Lots of times they have stock not advertised...ya never know, ya know

Remtronix 800 MHz Antenna (BNC) – Airspy.US

JD
kf4anc

WeBeCinYa

Just cancelled my order with remtronix for the 820s and bought a new 810 from eBay. I really didn't need an O ring.

jemassey

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 Remtronix antennas, none of them sma, all the original bnc and have bought them all here for $19.95 while they are $30 elsewhere, and airspy impressed me with very quick shipping. You might want to give them a call and see if they have what you are looking for with sma and O-rings etc. Lots of times they have stock not advertised...ya never know, ya know

Remtronix 800 MHz Antenna (BNC) – Airspy.US

Airspy.us also has the non O-ring version

https://v3.airspy.us/product/ant-810s/

n9diz

I ordered a Remtronix RS-820S from Universal Radio on 12/29/2018, and later learned it was backordered. It took more than two months for UR to get them back in stock.

After a little correspondence to update my debit card info, it shipped yesterday. I hope to have it in my hands this weekend. I am looking forward to using the SMA antenna specifically designed for my SDS100. I'll probably use my old Radio Shack RS-800 on my BCD436HP, or even as a backup for my SDS200.

Status
Not open for further replies.