Pro-96: Replace Red Screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel1823

Hi I have been having issues with my pro 96. It first started with not receiving signal. I took my scanner apart and seen that the antenna came unsoldered so I resolder it back together. I still didn't get signal so I started messing with the red screw. turned it on and it started receiving again but only white noise. After a while the screw cracked and broke. I believe it's the TPS screw. Is there a place I can buy a new screw? or is that screw not important? any help is appreciated.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi I have been having issues with my pro 96. It first started with not receiving signal. I took my scanner apart and seen that the antenna came unsoldered so I resolder it back together. I still didn't get signal so I started messing with the red screw. turned it on and it started receiving again but only white noise. After a while the screw cracked and broke. I believe it's the TPS screw. Is there a place I can buy a new screw? or is that screw not important? any help is appreciated.
You broke a ceramic tuning slug, that sits inside of a inductor. Try to find someone to send your scanner to for Repair. Do NOT turn any more " screws"! Good luck. 73, n9zas

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
do you know of any good places off hand?
I've seen other members here mention a repair service called G&G I think, but I don't know much about them. Maybe check the Radio shack threads and their address is quoted in a few posts. If you sent it to them, they could probably replace your broken inductor. 73, n9zas

daniel1823

I've seen other members here mention a repair service called G&G I think, but I don't know much about them. Maybe check the Radio shack threads and their address is quoted in a few posts. If you sent it to them, they could probably replace your broken inductor. 73, n9zas

I did see their site a minute ago. But didn‘t know if they where any good. They charge $50 + shipping and parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.