Replacement for my AOR3000A

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsat

I have been using it to scan mainly the milcom frequencies.
It still works very well but it's really becoming tough maintaining the frequencies without any computer control that works properly.

I have a dual dongle setup on my PC monitoring the 800Mhz local police, fire etc. activity but want another one scanning the huge number of milcom and other analog frequencies.

If the replacement has any digital ability that will be a bonus but not a requirement.
I want to spend about $200, new if possible.
I read that there were some crazy deals on the BCD996XT but don't see them anywhere.

Other than the 3000A and some of the wide band receive amateur radio HT's I have I have never owned any other scanner.

Suggestions welcome.

br0adband

Wow, I wanted a BR330T for many years but never found one at a decent price, then for a long time it appeared they were just "gone" from the market because I couldn't find one anywhere at any price, and now bam, suddenly there's one (I hope) at a rather crazy price, amazing. ;)

Seriously, that's a steal of a deal if you want something that can act as a replacement for the AOR3000A in a handheld form, the only other thing that came to mind was an AOR handheld or perhaps one from Icom to have that kind of range but, wow, and here I just spent most of my Christmas money on getting a digital capable scanner, damn.

samsat: grab one of those, quick, 'cause they won't last at that price. :D

samsat

Many thanks.
Order placed!!!

From what I have read this scanner has a combination of features that very few others have.
I'm sure I will be very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.