Replacing my BC250 in Halton

Status
Not open for further replies.

marctytus

Really disappointed that I finally have to replace my BC250. It is such a quality piece of technology from Uniden. I'm looking into newer models but I might simply repurchase the BC250.

Is anyone aware of Halton moving off of the EDACS system (making my scanner obsolete)? My impression is EDACS isn't widely used north of the border and system users have previously had difficulties with their radios (but I think that's mainly due to towers in the area.)

Any updated advice on similar, newer scanners and scanning around Halton is appreciated.

takeme

Was Oakvillecub
Banned
halton area

halton is slowly moving off the edac system. They will be going to a telus system (you can't hear them ever again).

rightnow they talk very little as they use the computers in their cars as instand message sending. I give it a year and you won't hear them anymore

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
halton is slowly moving off the edac system. They will be going to a telus system (you can't hear them ever again).

I dont read the local papers often enough but I am not sure if Halton is putting an end to their radio system.
I dont even know if this would make any of the weekly papers. You could ask your regional councilors.

rightnow they talk very little as they use the computers in their cars as instand message sending. I give it a year and you won't hear them anymore

There is still enough info being discussed here in Burlington that I can follow calls, enough still goes out over the air as of now to make it interesting at least in 3 district.
Fire dont use computers much if at all & occasionally Spec 3 is active with Po-lice biznezz.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Really disappointed that I finally have to replace my BC250. It is such a quality piece of technology from Uniden. I'm looking into newer models but I might simply repurchase the BC250.

Is anyone aware of Halton moving off of the EDACS system (making my scanner obsolete)? My impression is EDACS isn't widely used north of the border and system users have previously had difficulties with their radios (but I think that's mainly due to towers in the area.)

Any updated advice on similar, newer scanners and scanning around Halton is appreciated.

There are a multitude of EDACS systems in use in the area; K/W and Brantford use 'em, London does also.

As for your 250, you might want to upgrade as you will not be able to update a 250 while the newer Uniden scanners work better. The newest Uniden scanners can hold 100's of systems and are easy to prgram with software.

Status
Not open for further replies.