Reporting points map

Status
Not open for further replies.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
I have been listening to HF MWARA frequencies like 11309, 11330,8918, etc.

I hear aircraft checking in with NY radio giving postion reports using 5 letter location names like LAMER, and ONGOT for positions over the North Atlantic and Caribbean.

I have become familiar with many of the Reporting Points off the coast of the USA.
I have been using Airnav.com to look up the locations.

Today I heard a postion report from an aircraft that said it was at something like Daphne(DAFNE?)
I couldn't find any listing off the east coast that sounded anything like Daphne.
I found DAFNY, but it was in Texas. I don't think any aircraft over Texas would be checking into a net for the North Atlantic.

I started looking around the internet for lists of reporting points, but I couldn't find any.

<<<<<<Does anybody have a URL for a downloadable list of Oceanic reporting points?>>>>>

Also, as I was searching for a list of reporting points, I found several mentions of aviation maps called WATRS (Western ATlantic Reporting System), NARC ( not the DEA, But North Atlantic Reporting) and a similar map called PORC for the Pacific Ocean.

<<<<<Does anyone have a URL for downloadable copies of these maps?>>>>>>>

I have tried searching on the FAA website, but I am just not finding them.Either I am using the wrong search terms, or they are just not available on the FAA websites.

Try this website:

https://skyvector.com/

On the layers page, select the tracks, and once they are displayed, click on the track. That should list the waypoints active for the day/night. You can also load the World/EnRoute Hi Charts which should show the all the intersections out over the oceans. If you build a flight plan, you can also enter the name of the waypoint you are looking for and it should locate it for you.

Hope that helps!

MBill

Premium Subscriber
If this was North Atlantic route, could be "TAFFY", which is Northeast of PQI (Presque Ise, Maine) on
the H11 US High Altitude chart.

D

DaveNF2G

The airnav.com website will do a "sounds like" search for reporting points.

Status
Not open for further replies.