TRX-1: Researching and Comparing and Have a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have been a longtime loyal Uniden man, only once venturing out of my safe zone to check out the AOR8000 years ago, and now seriously taking a long look at this Whistler TRX-1...I have read the manual, cruised the sites and the forums, and I must be missing something...what I am trying to find out is if, in Spectrum mode, (i.e. Close Call equivalent) once the scanner fixes on a nearby freq, does it (like Uniden) allow you to hold/monitor and then save and send it to a Scanlist? Sorry if this is a redundant question, but my eyes were crossing at 3am and I did not find the answer anywhere. I know you can hold it and monitor it, but can you process it into a Scanlist of your choice?

Also, maybe some quick, fresh opinions for us Uniden sheep. Will the scanning be better outside the box?

Thanks in advance, and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you Radioheads!

JD

TAbirdman

it saves the object in the default Scan list folder ( factory default is SL1) so if you chose a different scan list ( before the search) as the default then it will store it there.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

milcom_chaser

Said another way, within EZ Scan software used for programming the radio, you can select the one scanlist out of 200 you would like to be as your default, name it, and use it for capturing new frequencies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Researching and Comparing...

Thanks for the replies, answers my question and finalizes my decision. The more I read the more I like! I have downloaded the EZ Scan programming software and familiarizing myself with it, as well as the remote program. I will be buying the TRX-1 after the holidays. I will most likely buy a Condor antenna for mobile operations and use the Grove Scantenna on the house for desktop use. Kind of wondering about the rubber bumper case and if anyone offers any aftermarket hard leather cases for it. I will be surfing for accessories the next few weeks. Mouth is watering already - !

Thanks again guys!

JD

Melv7956

Although it's not as fast as close call it is far more sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.