• Who cares?

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
Hi, I am a freelance for Dutchess county and am always on top of the latest events, I see this board is dead and that's a shame, I would like to post constantly to this to keep everyone updated but would it hold value? would anyone care for that or is it dead for a reason?

ecps92

I see over 500 new postings a day, the board is dead ?? ;)
Maybe this forum, but RR is Alive and Well :roll:
Hi, I am a freelance for Dutchess county and am always on top of the latest events, I see this board is dead and that's a shame, I would like to post constantly to this to keep everyone updated but would it hold value? would anyone care for that or is it dead for a reason?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Are you referring to the N.Y. portion? Users are what make the board active, not the board itself. With only 42 post in almost 4 years it doesn't appear you've contributed very much to pump up some interest. A good board requires it's member to be give and take to make it great, not just take.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

I'm assuming you're referring to the Incidents and Breaking News forum since that's the forum you posted your message in.

If that's the case, there's many reasons why people don't post much here.

People get tired of a running commentary and big events get missed.

People are more discreet in what they post so officials don't decide to encrypt.

Many news organizations are using social media so there are now easier ways to get breaking news than having to log into a forum. Incident notification networks are another way of spreading the word of something worth listening to in realtime.

Some members feel the need to repost news articles of events that have already happened. Not much point since there's not much to listen to after the fact.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
I'm assuming you're referring to the Incidents and Breaking News forum since that's the forum you posted your message in.

That is what I mean ... I am not saying this website is dead, I just wanted to see if my contributions would be welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.