RF Perfomance of new models (BCD396XT, BC346XT, BCD996XT, BCT15X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
UPMan,

Please clear situation with new Uniden scanners: BCD396XT, BC346XT, BCD996XT, BCT15X.

Whether any changes have been made in RF Front End/IF units to improve dynamic range, sensitivity, selectivity & etc?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The design goal was to maintain the current RF specifications or better.

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ок of what I do a conclusion, that no changes have been done. And those users who have heard them, only bathe in illusions.

scannersnstuff

The design goal was to maintain the current RF specifications or better.

plainspeak = the 396t sensitivity was an experiment for the much improved bcd396xt sensitivity.
paul just cannot come out and say this because of his job.trust me the bcd396xt cut's it in the sensitivity dept.

note: my original response was not suitable for posting here,so i sanitized it.i usually manage to blurt out what i want to say,at the risk of offending a few folk's !.

joeynshelby

plainspeak = the 396t sensitivity was an experiment for the much improved bcd396xt sensitivity.
paul just cannot come out and say this because of his job.trust me the bcd396xt cut's it in the sensitivity dept.

note: my original response was not suitable for posting here,so i sanitized it.i usually manage to blurt out what i want to say,at the risk of offending a few folk's !.

You have got to read between the lines sometimes...if you know what I mean!!

pyteen

From the scanner situation is very bad. Quality suitable only for listening Trunks. This entry-level toys and no one will not be improved.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
From the scanner situation is very bad. Quality suitable only for listening Trunks. This entry-level toys and no one will not be improved.

English much?
I don't think anyone is going to take your posts seriously until you learn to form cohesive, readable messages. The current batch of Uniden XT scanners are far from "entry-level toys". And "scanner situation is very bad"? What?
Why do I have the feeling I am replying to one of the characters in Zero Wing? All your Base are belong to us? :confused::cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR
P.S. For the Interweb Meme challenged:
AllYourBaseAnimated.gif

pyteen

Motorola radio recieve much better than a scanners - it's like a day/nite difference in the sensitivity.

hfxChris

Database Admin
English much?
I don't think anyone is going to take your posts seriously until you learn to form cohesive, readable messages. The current batch of Uniden XT scanners are far from "entry-level toys". And "scanner situation is very bad"? What?
You're making fun of him because his English isn't very good? Nice.

jnewell

1. You need to check the price of the Motos compared to the Uniden.

2. I don't think Marshall's making fun of him. Post #7 above is almost unintelligible.

zguy1243

UPman, you are a Uniden employee of sorts?

Does Uniden ever plan to produce a high quality VHF/UHF receiver? I understand the demand for digital and trunking units but there is more out there than that. Would be nice to see a heavy, large VFO desktop receiver that had great RF performance. 500 to 1000$ price range.

N

N_Jay

UPman, you are a Uniden employee of sorts?

Does Uniden ever plan to produce a high quality VHF/UHF receiver? I understand the demand for digital and trunking units but there is more out there than that. Would be nice to see a heavy, large VFO desktop receiver that had great RF performance. 500 to 1000$ price range.

Yes!

Because the Icoms and Kenwoods are blowing off the shelves.:roll:

zguy1243

What models?

Icom no longer offers a high table top receiver to the USA non government sales.

What Kenwood?

Right now there is nothing out there but the AOR-5000 and its 3 grand.

Yes!

Because the Icoms and Kenwoods are blowing off the shelves.:roll:

N

N_Jay

What models?

Icom no longer offers a high table top receiver to the USA non government sales.

What Kenwood?

Right now there is nothing out there but the AOR-5000 and its 3 grand.

So the companies that used to be in the market, have not seen it worthwhile to stay there?

Hmmm, yep sounds like a good use of resources to me.:roll::roll:

zguy1243

You are convinced of that I can tell, but I am not. I think there is still a market there for them.

So the companies that used to be in the market, have not seen it worthwhile to stay there?

Hmmm, yep sounds like a good use of resources to me.:roll::roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.