• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

RFID Virus? Viruses leap to smart radio tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve9fc

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
16
Location
Fredericton,NB
Great Make it Public Now. Good Going BBC
Hey all U hackers make it so the Bar codes all Read a Penny at the Grocery Stores LOL
 

MacombMonitor

Member
Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
3,551
ve9fc said:
Great Make it Public Now. Good Going BBC
Hey all U hackers make it so the Bar codes all Read a Penny at the Grocery Stores LOL
I think it's better to expose the vulnerability now, than later. Maybe companies will stop buying into this technology before it's too late. If it's being published in the mainstream media, the crackers you need to be concerned about are already exploiting it!
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,911
Location
Katy, TX
MacombMonitor said:
I think it's better to expose the vulnerability now, than later. Maybe companies will stop buying into this technology before it's too late. If it's being published in the mainstream media, the crackers you need to be concerned about are already exploiting it!
I guess there are good points and bad points to RFID. I will say this, I don't like stopping at a toll booth every 5 miles or so, waiting in a long line and paying extra when I can drive through the EZ Tag lane at 65 MPH and pay less. There are actually roads here in Houston that you can't go on without an EZ Tag, so if I want to go from point A to point B in the most efficient manner, I will put up with RFID as a technology.
 

MacombMonitor

Member
Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
3,551
loumaag said:
I guess there are good points and bad points to RFID. I will say this, I don't like stopping at a toll booth every 5 miles or so, waiting in a long line and paying extra when I can drive through the EZ Tag lane at 65 MPH and pay less. There are actually roads here in Houston that you can't go on without an EZ Tag, so if I want to go from point A to point B in the most efficient manner, I will put up with RFID as a technology.
Well...in that case, maybe you can exploit the technology and redirect the billing to Lindsay's credit card! :cool:
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,911
Location
Katy, TX
MacombMonitor said:
Well...in that case, maybe you can exploit the technology and redirect the billing to Lindsay's credit card! :cool:
Hmm, wouldn't that be dishonest? :roll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top