rg 174 coax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
hi
i see alot of this type of coax on mobile antennas.i guess so it can routed easily thru a door opening and around weatherstrips,but has any body tried to work with this stuff,what a pain to try to put new bnc connectors on the ends.its just so dang tiny. does it have more signal loss than rg58 or rg8......................................thanks 8) :p

kc4jgc

THere are some manufacturers (Comet comes to mind) that the last 12" is RG-174 to allow routing around weatherstrips. The rest of the cable is RG-58 with excellent shielding. At 12" the loss would be negligible, I believe.

Steve

N

N_Jay

General rules of thumb.
1) The thicker the cable the lower the loss. (all else being the same)
2) The lower density (More air) the dielectric (inner insulator in coax) the lower the loss. (all else being the same)
3) The shielding has little effect on the loss

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi guys,

What you need is a coax table that will answer your questions and stop all this pointless arguing with massive misinformation. GOOGLE

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
kb2vxa said:
Hi guys,

What you need is a coax table that will answer your questions and stop all this pointless arguing with massive misinformation. GOOGLE
Warren,
The only pointless post in this small and generally finished thread is yours. You have been doing a lot of posting on the site, but not much contributing of any value and a lot of what you have to say is quite questionable. Please read the Etiquette and the Forums announcement. Generally new users get some slack; however, I must say that you have just about used all the spare rope necessary to tie yourself up in a knot. Your self-proclaimed occupation (in your profile) as pest seem pretty accurate. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.