RG316/U received loss ratio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I am using a Diamond K412SNMO using a 1/4 VHF whip which works perfect for: VHF, UHF, and 700 P 25 systems reception (45 miles) with my HP2 in my 2014 SUBARU Outback

with 13.5 feet of RG316/U coax cable.

But I want to relocate the radio to my center console slot and might need to add another 6 ft of the same cable.

Will the added cable result in any noticeable signal loss ? from what I know I suspect not. But wanted to check with the forum group.

I will try to route the original length cable if possible and not using any additional cable if possible.

Thanks

prcguy

RG-316 is very lossy at 800MHz and you have about 2.3dB loss in 13.5ft at 850MHz. At 150MHz the same run is about 1dB. I would try and replace the entire run with something better.
prcguy

I am using a Diamond K412SNMO using a 1/4 VHF whip which works perfect for: VHF, UHF, and 700 P 25 systems reception (45 miles) with my HP2 in my 2014 SUBARU Outback

with 13.5 feet of RG316/U coax cable.

But I want to relocate the radio to my center console slot and might need to add another 6 ft of the same cable.

Will the added cable result in any noticeable signal loss ? from what I know I suspect not. But wanted to check with the forum group.

I will try to route the original length cable if possible and not using any additional cable if possible.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.