• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

RG6U Quad Shield Coax

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Im going to put up a RS Ground plane 25-1.3GHZ 30' up on the tower for the 700-800Starcom system here in IL. It is 75 ohm but i use plain RG6U with a 30' run with the same antenna in a attic and it works great, this will be a 50' run. Any one using Quad Shield on here for 800, its used in the "Dish Field'.....Gettin tooo old to drag the heavy stuf up the tower=Thank You

buffalogoat

If it's only 50ft., RG-6Q is excellent receiver antenna coax. I use RG-6Q with a F to BNC adapter for my base scanners and it works great.

N

N_Jay

QS is irrelevant in a receive system.

Get good quality cable, don't confuse better shielding with better cable.

prcguy

Yup, RG-6 quad shield is usually reserved for troublesome ingress to cable TV or satellite systems, it has no magical loss properties over single shield RG-6.
prcguy
N_Jay said:
QS is irrelevant in a receive system.

Get good quality cable, don't confuse better shielding with better cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.