Rh77ca Low Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I don't know for sure, I've only had mine a few weeks and there are no agencies in the area that use low band, However, The specs say 25 to 1200.. Low band falls in this area so I would assume it would work just as well is not better than it does on regular band, I'd say it works fine on it but like I said, that's just a guess, I have not tested it, no one around here uses low band, LOL

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
It will pick up on low band but it is not tuned to be at it's best for low band.

It is a very good all around antenna but like all antennas used for scanning a variety of bands- it has it's limits.

Keeping that in mind- have fun.

btritch

I know, I forgot where I was, Around town here we only have one company(utility) that is 800 MHZ, Everything else is 150 - 170 so here in town we refer to it as 800 or Regular Band, I forgot who I was talking to when I said that, LOL Sorry, I mean VHF HI band, LOL

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
well i got my rh77ca today and have been testing against my other scanners and antennas since its arrival, on the low band, it doesnt do that great, it does better then stock, it does a little better then the radio shack telescopic antenna, but it doesnt even come close to my antenna designed specifically for low band, it does incredible on vhf hi and uhf, and on the 800mhz it does almost as good as the my stock psr500 antenna, the radio shack 800mhz antenna is still much better for that, but if you want an antenna for low band specifically, this is not the one for you

af5rn

ScanTheFreqs said:
well i got my rh77ca today and have been testing against my other scanners and antennas since its arrival, on the low band, it doesnt do that great, it does better then stock, it does a little better then the radio shack telescopic antenna, but it doesnt even come close to my antenna designed specifically for low band, it does incredible on vhf hi and uhf, and on the 800mhz it does almost as good as the my stock psr500 antenna, the radio shack 800mhz antenna is still much better for that, but if you want an antenna for low band specifically, this is not the one for you
Thanks for the review!

By the way, the period key is right next to that comma key you seem to be so partial to. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.