RID Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Since upgrading my 996XT to the latest firmware to see the "RID"'s they are much faster appearing than the GRE/RS scanners i own...As mentioned in the other thread as the dispatcher talks and the mobile responds quickly without dropping the signal so do the RID's....

Gilligan

Database Admin
When I made that statement, I was speaking generally about why not all of the RIDs appear. I don't believe P25 voice data sends data along with the data stream, like LTR, but one of the experts would have to verify this. However, I would venture a guess that in the course of a "conversation", referring to the back-and-forth talking on one specific voice channel, it would be possible for RID data to be sent in between actual talking. In other words, if a voice channel is "reserved" for a period of seconds, with no long breaks in the conversation, I can imagine that RID data could be sent in between the voice data. If this is true, it would explain why we can see some of the RID data changing as "conversations" take place on voice channels. I may be completely wrong, but it is worth speculating. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.