Right now: Joint CHP/USAF SAR/Medevac Op on CALCORD/CLEMARS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6scm

Does anyone have any information on the traffic taking place between CHP H-24 and USAF Rescue aircraft 1-15 utilizing CALCORD and CLEMARS1 for Air-Ground SAR with a "Team-1" and discussing patient extraction ops currently underway? There is also a CHP S-2 at the CP. Location is unknown, but judging from the relative signal strength it appears to be in proximity to either Butte, Yuba, or Placer counties in NorCAL. Anyone have any additional info? Drill?

Last edited:

k6scm

This may possibly have been an activity involving CHP & the 234th Intelligence Squadron a CA Air Guard unit from Beale AFB. The squadron has a state assistance mission. This appeared to have been some sort of mountainous terrain SAR with teams tracking and then a subsequent medevac coordinating via simplex use of CALCORD 156.075 and CLEMARS1 154.92. At one point CHP H-24's comm gear was used as a 'repeater' with CALCORD as the input and the output on CLEMARS1. Whether this was an actual live SAR event or if this was just a drill is unknown to me. I did not monitor any further traffic after 14:00 PST (local).

Last edited:

RolnCode3

I tried listening to all of the mutual aid channels I have in my scanner and didn't hear anything from Sacramento. I only listened for about 20 minutes around 3pm, but nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.