Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, to Oversee Volunteer Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, to Oversee Volunteer Monitors Development and Implementation

Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, will oversee the development and implementation phases of ARRL's new Volunteer Monitors (VM) program, which will replace the Official Observers (OO) program. Hollingsworth, who once handled Amateur Radio enforcement for the FCC, has stepped down as ARRL Atlantic Division Vice Director to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest. The development phase of the program is already under way.

Full article: ARRL Letter

Last edited by a moderator:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
This is apparently a copied and pasted press release. What is the source?

ipfd320

Banned
Oh Man Im Sorry I had the Link Inserted with the story--xenferno is wiggin out lately with spelling / words disappearing & Moving things Around

The Story came from the ARRL Newsletter E-Mail I Recieve

Once Again Sorry I didnt Notice it

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Thank you. I looked on the ARRL web site for a news article about this, but did not look at the ARRL Letter.

BTW, our policy with regard to press releases and news articles is to NOT copy and paste the whole thing. Just post the first paragraph along with a link to the article on-line. This helps us avoid copyright issues.

ipfd320

Banned
Hey Ok I Constantly look at the disclaimers on the sites if i see copyright ill do the comment and post the heading a few lines and the link

Like i said i did post the link and after posting i saw it was gone after you mentioned it

Honestly i think we need more time to edit our posts --just a suggestion since xenfono is screwing up our posts

i just looked at the arrl site terms and conditions and there is nothing mentioned on copyright but plenty on user data & Protection that they can use from us

KE0GXN

Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, to Oversee Volunteer Monitors Development and Implementation

Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, will oversee the development and implementation phases of ARRL's new Volunteer Monitors (VM) program, which will replace the Official Observers (OO) program. Hollingsworth, who once handled Amateur Radio enforcement for the FCC, has stepped down as ARRL Atlantic Division Vice Director to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest. The development phase of the program is already under way.

Full article: ARRL Letter

This should be interesting....

Don't know Mr. Hollingsworth, but I everything I have read suggests he is the right man for the job. I only hope that he, the League and ultimately the FCC take this whole crusade seriously. 7.2 is a disgusting circus and I don't want hear the tried old, spin the dial or avoid the bad neighborhoods excuses given by the FCC in the past. Otherwise, why even bother with this program.....

Furthermore, the 7.2 idiots are not even staying there, I have heard their kind jamming nets, rag chews, etc.. on all manner of frequencies and bands. I suspect mostly because these guys are getting bored of degrading each other and due to the lack of fear of any meaningful enforcement have been venturing all over the place on HF. :confused:

Last edited:

ipfd320

Banned
Yah But its gonna be a while--this is the last paragraph

Quote--> ARRL officials estimate that it will take 9 - 12 months before the first Volunteer Monitors begin filing reports.

So it looks like Nothing is gonna Happen anytime Soon

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Honestly i think we need more time to edit our posts --just a suggestion since xenfono is screwing up our posts
I haven't had a single issue with any of my many posts since we went to Xenforo, including posting links, photos, quotes, edits, etc. Maybe it's something with your browser or phone. And the edit period is at least 15 minutes, that's plenty of time to catch an error. Most of us do a quick read back of our posts right after we make them. ;)

KE0GXN

I have no problem patiently waiting, as long as it is clearly shown after the roll out that meaningful enforcement has commenced. Otherwise, like I stated, why even bother with this....

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

i just looked at the arrl site terms and conditions and there is nothing mentioned on copyright but plenty on user data & Protection that they can use from us

This is the first complaint I've heard that Xenforo is screwing up posts.

BTW, our site policy is that you provide a summary or quote the first few lines of an article and provide a link to the full content. Doesn't matter what the other site's copyright policies are.

And the edit period is at least 15 minutes, that's plenty of time to catch an error. Most of us do a quick read back of our posts right after we make them. ;)

A whole 30 minutes which is usually enough time for someone to go back and correct the odd spelling mistake.

Chronic

I am afraid this is just going to Create "Radio Police" like the "Band Police" I expect that there will be people getting pink slipped for very minor things and it is going to cause hate and discontent among Hams. Just look at the arguments here on RR about how different people interpret FCC rules differently, now that is going to be on the radio and your license will be at risk.

Oh Geeez, .... a new Vigilance Committee- how originial-- another toothless , Paper Tiger.

... Great idea Guys, this'll finally clean up Hamdom.....

Hey , I'm a Western chic-
"Tex, go round up the Boys-- And you, Little Bill, --you get the rope,--- we'uns have us some Regulat'in to do "

Oh if indeed this was only so.... but here it is, once more, a bunch of impotent Official Observers with tin Stars and Stasi personalities.
If this is supposed to be taken seriously, swear'um in, issue them some badges, weapons and lets have us' a few 3 AM raids.

I have lived in countries where no American, or freedom loving person could/should endure-- but let me tell you - there is nothing like a little:

"Kill a chicken to scare the monkeys" **

----------

Yes, maybe those that say Lauri has been into the cooking sherry again-- they're probably right.

Lauri :sneaky:

..........an old Chinese idiom ---"Kill the chicken to scare the monkey" (杀鸡儆猴, ), which refers to making an example out of someone in order to threaten others.

Been there........ :oops:Lauri Stasi.png

(Curious?... watch the movie Lives of Others.. (The Lives of Others (2006) - IMDb)

..........oh, and that's a SKS in their official seal.... for those still more curious------:))

Last edited by a moderator:

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Whatever you do, don't get caught rag chewing on the national calling frequency. That will be taken very seriously by these highly trained radio enforcement officers.

Otto

Whatever you do, don't get caught rag chewing on the national calling frequency. That will be taken very seriously by these highly trained radio enforcement officers.

Ha ha ha. We have a few nuts around here that like to admonish us abut rag chewing on 146.520. They claim they’re monitoring for a call. We tell them “we’ll give you a phone call if we hear them calling for you” and resume out chit chat.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Ha ha ha. We have a few nuts around here that like to admonish us abut rag chewing on 146.520. They claim they’re monitoring for a call. We tell them “we’ll give you a phone call if we hear them calling for you” and resume out chit chat.

Yeah, there are folks that say that same thing here, "what if someone needs to call?"

My answer: "They can announce their call sign, and they will be allowed to make their call. We pause between transmissions to allow someone to break in. And as an added bonus, if someone ever needs some type of assistance, there will actually be people on this frequency, and all of them are pretty cool people that would help you."

Status
Not open for further replies.